General Discussion Triathlon Talk » VP Pedals Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-27 11:10 PM

User image

New user

Boston, MA
Subject: VP Pedals
Hi All,

Does any one know anything about the value of 'VP R61" or "VP-161" clipless pedals? I am thinking about trading them in for a pair of mtb clipless pedals so I can use them both for my road and mountain bike.

As I understand it road cycling shoes are unwalkable and not suitable for any type of off road use. i.e if i get off my bike with them i am screwed.

I am new to road training and I just bought an road bike that included these pedals and all Ultegra components. I have looked on the web, but been unable to find a quote on any prices for these pedals.

My guess is they are pretty valuable. They are aluminum and weigh on 320 grams.

Any ideas???

2004-04-28 12:09 AM
in reply to: #21656

User image

Veteran
Sydney
Subject: RE: VP Pedals
Hi andrew,
Sorry to dissapoint you but im pretty sure those pedals wont be worth all that much on trade in. If they are still in the box you might find a bike shop that will trade them in for a cheap set of shimano SPDs. My guess on their recomended retail price would be about AU$120. What brand is the bike you bought? Generally most bikes in the ultegra range wont come with pedals, or if they do they are fairly cheap....this is because most cyclists have a style of pedal they prefer to use (eg: i prefer look; and in your case, you want SPDs) and will therefore the type of pedal that comes with the bike will not affect the buyers desiscion.
Try your luck with the bike shop anyway, you never know....

aidan
2004-04-28 7:40 AM

User image

New user

Boston, MA
Thanks Aidan,

I will go by the bike shop and see what they can do for me. I bought a bike made by Windsor. It is the Falkirk Model. Just arrived yesterday. It is my first road bike and I am impressed. Haven't been out on it yet though. the bike retails for about US $1800. Loaded with rithcey headset, rims and seat post. Also has all ultegra components.

I'll let you know how it rides later this week.
2004-04-28 8:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Mesa, AZ
It looks like they retail for about 40 bucks, new. http://www.vpcomponents.com/
Not sure what you could get for them on tade.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » VP Pedals Rss Feed