General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » sick and tired of being sick and tired Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-01-06 8:07 AM

Subject: sick and tired of being sick and tired
Hello everyone my name is Matt I am 28 years old and I live In Massachusetts. I am so happy to have found this site. Last year I was diagnosed with severe depression and have experienced some serious life changing events. For a total lifestyle overhaul I have contemplated(for awhile) starting to train for some easy events. My only strength is biking and I am excited to learn how to train in the other two areas. Any tips tricks or most importantly, especially for myself some motivational tools would be greatly apreciated. I eagerly await any kind of feedback and thankyou in advance for taking the time.

2006-01-06 8:37 AM
in reply to: #317942

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: sick and tired of being sick and tired
Hi Matt-
Welcome to BT. Well you picked the right sport for a lifestyle overhaul! Triathlons and training for them can really change how your body feels and how you feel. A great thing to start with is by picking your first race and registering for it. This will help with motivation when you have something speicifc you are training for. Finding a local tri group can also be helpful. If you haven't already find a place to swim and get a good pair of running shoes......off you go! You will love triathlons and the people here are great and have lots of great info to share.

2006-01-06 8:51 AM

User image

Master
Athens, Ga.

Hi Matt! I'm so glad you're joining BT! The community here is awesome. Use all the tools you can. Check out the different forums. Log your progress so we can encourage you! One of the best ways to get motivated to do this is pick a race. Active.com is a great place to start. I find that once I put money toward something, I'm more likely to show up and do it. Triathlons and training is so fun. It will be hard, especially when you first start out. But after every run now, I feel better. After swims, I crave more water. And, well, I haven't been on my bike in a while, but you get the picture. You CAN do this!

Steph

2006-01-06 10:11 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-01-10 2:55 AM

Master
Michigan
Welcome Matt, there are plenty of great people here. Good to see you started your life overhaul. This site has alot to offer, search around.
2006-01-11 10:42 PM

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Hi, Matt!  Welcome to BT.  Native New Englander (and former Bostonian) transplanted to TX against her will here....

Hang out, gather info, ask questions...just get involved!  It's FUN!  Best advice for learning the two non-strength sports is to take it slow and always make it fun.  That will keep you injury free and motivated.  I also use races as motivation.  If I don't have something specific I'm training for, I get lazy!  And find friends...they are good motivation too!  Lots of Massachusetts folks wandering around BT....

GO PATS!

2006-01-12 7:54 AM

Central Louisiana
Welcome to BT!  I would suggest that you just jump in with any specific questions that you have.  The sport is one you will grow to love.  Good luck on your training.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » sick and tired of being sick and tired Rss Feed