Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2004-11-14 8:11 AM
in reply to: #80065

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
Subject: RE: What Diets Have You Tried?
I've lost about 55 pounds with simple math. Eat less, excercise more. I also used a computer program called Dietpower. You put in your weight on a dailey basis and record what you eat on a daily basis. It keeps track of your caloric intake and adjusts your suggested caloric intake based upoin your metabolic rate. It figures your metabolic rate based upon your current weight, your weight loss rate and your gaol weight and the date you want to reach your goal. It also takes into account the excercise you do. It's a great program and I highly recommend it. It forced me to look at what I was eating and to understand what good foods are. I learned I could have a salad with low cal dressing that was the size of a small buick or I could have a slice of pizza both about the same amount of calories.
Anyone who doesn't want a fad diet but wants some sensible help without leaving your house I'd recommend checking out Dietpower.com.

2004-12-23 11:59 AM
in reply to: #22624

WoW!!! I'm so very amazed at these stories. YOu guys are totally my hero!! I have about 15lbs i'd like to shave, however doesnt seem so substantial anymore after reading the stories of several of you dropping 100+ lbs. All the same, there seems to be enough chatter about weight watchers that maybe i'll check into it. 15lbs would put me back at high school weight!!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve...
2005-01-07 4:41 PM

Wow!!!! Really amazing stories! I also lost about 80 pounds give or take and have kept it off for about 2 years. Triatholon is my new challange and you guys have really inspired me!
2005-01-07 6:01 PM

Reading, UK
Wow all of you guys are really inspirational!

Ive lost 50lb in the last two years - (had lost more but put some back on with finals, injuries etc) I aim to lose another 30+ lbs for me to be happy - and hope to do that by end of July (less than 2lbs a week so seems realistic - lost 3 this week! WOO!)

My diet is that i dont go over 1500kcal (although i do eat extra when ive exercised!) I can basically eat anything as long as it doesnt go over that marker! Although i am trying to cut out major junk - crisps, chips, choclate etc!

You guys have really motivated me now!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What Diets Have You Tried? Rss Feed  

of 3