General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Individual races or series races Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-03 8:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, GA
Subject: Individual races or series races
I just looked at Ron's races for the year - he is doing a series. I am also doing a series the "Tri the parks" series in Georgia.

One of the selling points was that I would be considered in the overall standings if I did at least 4 of the 6 races. I can't imagine why that attracted me. I just finished the first one 200th out of 300. What difference does it make if I am on that list at the end of the year? (BTW, I did enjoy the race, and I am looking forward to the others. My point is just that since winning is not yet realistic for me, the overall standings are a little pointless.)

In any case, do the rest of you go for the series of races, or do you pick and choose individual events, and why?

2004-05-04 11:58 AM
in reply to: #22696

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Individual races or series races

in my case, to do all 7 was about the same cost as 4-5...plus, being a series with some back-to-backs, it will be an interesting test of oneself.  i am looking forward to how i will feel going into these and seeing the improvement as the season progresses as they are all olys...i am not expecting anything stellar...i will be in the back...but i'm cool with that...for now...

good luck on your series too!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Individual races or series races Rss Feed