General Discussion Triathlon Talk » It is very difficult to train while you are in the midst of spring cleaning Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-04 9:44 PM

User image

Regular
South Carolina
Subject: It is very difficult to train while you are in the midst of spring cleaning

My TNT (Team in Training) coach gave me a training schedule and I am way off of it already. I did my run on Sunday, and rested my legs on Monday by just taking a brisk walk with the dog. After which I cleaned. Today, I came straight home and began cleaning...tomorrow after work is yardwork. I've already missed my swimming session according to the list, as well as a bike session....maybe Thurs. night I'll get to the gym for the swim. Then this weekend is our anniversary "mini-break". BUT I may get an opportunity to swim in the ocean, weather permitting, and that will be good training. Ha.

Can't wait to get my bike looked at soon so I can start the biking training. At the very least I need new tires. I'd also like to get a stationary for home use.

OK I'm rambling and whining. I'll stop now. Happy training to all!

2004-05-05 9:14 AM
in reply to: #22925

Champion
Subject: RE: It is very difficult to train while you are in the midst of spring cleaning
LOL, look at it this way, if you run around the house and do your cleaning fast enough, consider it cross training! I count everything that gets my heart into the aerobic zone, but I have not gone so far as to wear a heart rate monitor during.....ummm......well you get the picture!

Max
2004-05-05 12:32 PM
in reply to: #22925

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Subject: RE: It is very difficult to train while you are in the midst of spring cleaning
Don't get discouraged, Phoenix! Things will begin to fit together. It's an adjustment putting training into your schedule. It's like having a brand new puppy. (o: You do what you can, when you can.

(Hmm... what could you mean, Max!??! ;-) )

D

Oh! and happy anniversary!!

Edited by dhlundblad 2004-05-05 12:33 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » It is very difficult to train while you are in the midst of spring cleaning Rss Feed