General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Places to Run in STL Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-01-29 8:18 PM

User image

St. Louis, MO
Subject: Great Places to Run in STL
Hi everyone,

I thought this might be a good way to archive/post run locales for others to check out. You could post recommendations, mileage, links, trails, etc. Hey, if you run a local race you could link to a map or just describe the route and mileage.

I will start, a link I have for local STL area run trails and mileages:

http://www.stlouistrackclub.com/area_paths.htm

2006-01-31 9:07 AM
in reply to: #334440

User image

St. Louis, MO
Subject: RE: Great Places to Run in STL

Well, I don't have any of the super long distances yet, so most of my paths are in the 3-4 mile range.

Queeny Park- has some trails to run on of vaying lengths, 2-4 miles I believe. I go here when I need a change of pace. A little muddy after rain, and some steep inclines, but a good run. I've even seen a few people doing hill repeats on this course. Park is located off Manchester Rd near Weidman.

Grants Trail- Six miles flat as a pancake. Lots of marathon trainers here and also good for biking. I use this for running, walking and biking. I get on at WhiteCliff Park in Crestwood, but you can also get on at 55 and Union at Orlando Gardens.

Also, Jefferson Barracks park- the trail is 2.7 miles around the big loop. One of these days, I'll do the whole thing twice! A few decent hills, but good. Also there are lots of cross country meets so there's people running all around! 

All of these are St. Louis County Parks, so you can get maps and more information on that website.

Really, I spend most of my time running in my neighborhood, but I get bored there and need a change of pace now and then.

Happy Trails! 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Places to Run in STL Rss Feed