General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » just getting started Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-10-21 5:29 PM

Subject: just getting started
I am a personal trainer here in Atlanta GA, And have become really interested in going to the next level with my training. I already swim run and bike. But I was kind of wondering how I could possibly tie the three in together. What better way to do this than to "TRI" in 2004 if anybody has any tips they can offer. I have no injuries "knock on wood" but I've had asthma since I was 2. ( Using Basic Albuterol plus Advair Disk) I'd really appreciate any help offered thanks

2003-10-21 8:08 PM
in reply to: #1362

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: just getting started
Start working in some "brick" workouts (tie your bike and run together). This will be of great benefit in getting everything together. I have had the opportunity of seeing several personal trainers show up to a race and basically fall apart because they had never tied any of their training together. Start doing a few "bricks" and you want regret it.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-10-22 8:53 AM
in reply to: #1362

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: just getting started

my thoughts (although not the only good ones around here):

need to do at least each event 2 times a week (2+2+2).  if u do some bricks (swim/run or swim bike or even bike/run - although don't go insane on the latter) like michael mentioned or am/pm workouts u can increase that to almost 3 workouts per event per week and still be left with 1-2 rest days (important)...getting 3 days in will be optimal if u want to be real competitive.  of course if time is a contraint, u should be fine biking 2 days per week.  so that leaves u with 3+3+2 workouts (being a trainer, i am sure your competitive) so that should help u in gettting your schedule together.

we would love to see it!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » just getting started Rss Feed