General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Shoe Size Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-09 7:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Subject: Bike Shoe Size Question
Hi,

I was wondering...what is the rule of "thumb" for buying cycling road shoes? Should I buy a half size larger than normal or a half size smaller? Just wondering what I should do?

Thanks!

Rob

2006-03-09 8:22 PM
in reply to: #365805

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Bike Shoe Size Question

First off- Coach from Home Movies- GREAT!  I love HM and own all the seasons.  I'm secretly in love with Coach but I dont think my boyfriend will mind-

About bike shoes- what I have been told and what I go by is you need to get your size.  With running shoes you go up a 1/2 size but in bike shoes you dont want that.  Your feet wont swell as much when biking and you dont want any more room for your foot to slip- that can give you wicked blisters.  I wear an 8 in regular shoes, sometimes a 7.5, a 8.5 in running shoes, and a 39 in bike shoes.   You should go to a good bike shop, try a whole bunch on (even if you are going to buy them online).  The people at the shop should be able to give you great tips. 

2006-03-09 10:36 PM
in reply to: #365839

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Subject: RE: Bike Shoe Size Question
Yes, I am a Home Movies fanatic as well!!! Have you ever heard of the show called, "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist"?? It used to be on Comedy Central for several seasons,....the guy that does the voice for Coach McGuirk (H. Jon Benjamin) does the voice for the son on that show, Ben Katz...it is absolutely hilarious! It is not on DVD yet, but it is on pirated DVD's that you can snag on ebay.

Also...good news...the creator of HM is making a new show called, "Dethklock", it is a cartoon about a Norweigan Death Metal Band...it will start airing in August on Cartoon Network. Anyhow...sorry to hijack my own thread...It is a great show...perhaps we can start a separate thread in "Cup of Joe"...

Thanks for the good advice about the bike shoes! I am going to a bike store this weekend!

Later!

Rob
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Shoe Size Question Rss Feed