General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brickety Brick Brick Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-26 1:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Great Pacific Northwest
Subject: Brickety Brick Brick
I did a brick today! It felt really pretty good, which amazed me.

It wasn't long on any leg, but it helps prepare you for the feeling of finishing a bike ride and going into a run. I had a meeting after school but I had my running gear with me, and my bike, so I hopped on the bike and rode the perimeter twice (3.2 miles) and then got off, took a long swig of water, and headed back out to run the perimeter. I considered doing two, but it was raining. My legs were not happy with me, especially since yesterday I tried (in vain) to ride my bike up a VERY steep hill. But after about 1/4 mile it was fine. I felt like I was going SO slow, but I actually finished in 13:03 which was an 8.17 min mile! My best time EVER!

I also had a great swim this morning and then rode my bike to school and of course home tonight. Unfortunately by the time I Had to ride home it was POURING down rain. And you know what? Those steenkin' cars don't pay ANY attention to how close they are, you are, and the mud puddle is. So yes, I had a few movie-inspired *sploosh* moments. I had no choice, though. Roy's kids were doing a play tonight and I could NOT be late. I showed up soaked to the bone with my honey laughing at me. Grabbed the car, headed home, got into some dry clothes, and went back to enjoy the show!

2004-05-26 2:37 AM
in reply to: #27268

User image

Expert
Coeur D'alene, ID
Subject: RE: Brickety Brick Brick
GREAT job Tory!! Gotta love those perimeter workouts! Keep up the good work.
2004-05-26 12:10 PM
in reply to: #27268

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Brickety Brick Brick

too funny on the puddles...i am sure its purposefully done by a few!

anyways, nice brick.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brickety Brick Brick Rss Feed