General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hip pain in aero Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-06 2:30 PM

User image

Vancouver,BC
Subject: Hip pain in aero

As much as this sounds intuitive to fix, I am experiencing pain in my left hip/upper hamstring. More noticeable when in aero position. I'm guessing I'm going to hear, don't go aero, but what sort of triathlete wants to hear that!

It is only apparent in my left, not my right leg, so I can't seem to isolate a particular reason. I ride to work almost daily, and prob average about 100-150k/week.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a flexibility/bike fit/adjustment/overuse/old age issue?

Cheers

Scott

2006-04-09 4:34 PM
in reply to: #390128

User image

Long Beach
Subject: RE: Hip pain in aero
I had the same problem with my right leg whenever I would be extremely aero. I would lower my seat post half a cm or so each ride, and continue lowering it until the pain would leave. But I would give my legs a rest proir to testing the new position out so I can rule out the problem. Also, moving the seat post back a bit might help, too.
2006-04-10 12:28 PM
in reply to: #390128

User image

Veteran
Mobile, Alabama
It sounds like some muscle tightness. Make sure to stretch real good before. I could very easily be caused by an improper adjustment. Seat might have shifted some, causing muscles to become tight. Might go to a LBS to check
2006-04-18 1:16 PM
in reply to: #391921

Veteran
Stoughton, Wisconsin
I won't be any help here, at least not yet, because I have a similiar issue - yet to be fixed. I'm hoping it's just getting used to the tri bike. I'll let you know if anything works for me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hip pain in aero Rss Feed