United States
47F / 8C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Met some people at a local bar I had a cheeseburger and onion rings....everyone else had beer.
Event warmup:

Driving, riding our bike to another bar, riding to the event start and having another beer (not me but some of the others).
Bike
  • 00m
  • 20 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

There were some freaky looking people here, I guess in years past there have been a lot more. Today there may have been 30-40. All men except 3 girls....lots of single speeds and fixed gear bikes. Lots of old bikes just reworked.

They had us line up on a little road. Then there was this big bang and everyone took off. But I don't think the coordinator was ready for us to start. The big bang was someone's tire exploding! Someone in our group of riders.

We got to the first coffe shop and they gave us a little Dixie cup with coffee. I am not a coffee drinker but I drank it because it was warm and I was freezing. That was the last coffee we got....we were a little slow and when we got to the others they had already put it away.

We stopped at a few other shops and picked up our tickets. I bought a delicious brownie at one, it had choc. chips in it.

We stopped at a bar for a beer ( I had a coke - I have a hard enough time in traffic with out adding beer to the mix) We took our bikes right inside with us. Everyone thought we were a little strange.

We finally made it to the last coffee shop! And we were last....we didn't win anything....and then I said don't we get anything for finishing last?? And then guy pulled out two bags of special coffee that some of the shops had donated....he said the 10 of us could fight over it.

More beer here at the finish - some of the guys had been carrying their six packs the entire time. After about 30 minutes it was time to ride back to the start and our cars.

We made it through all the cars and none of us got hit - not even any close calls!

We were all starving (and thirsty) there was a bar/rest. about 3 blocks from where we parked. More beer and food and then it was time to go home.
Post race
Warm down:

Eat

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not knowing where the hell I was going.

Last updated: 2006-04-08 12:00 AM
Biking
00:00:00 | 20 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course: Through the city of Pittsburgh stopping at seven coffee shops to pick up the required ticket or coffee cup.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-04-08 9:37 PM

User image

Hollidaysburg, PA
Subject: The Caffienator

2006-04-09 8:03 AM
in reply to: #391618

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Subject: RE: The Caffienator

That sounded like a pretty cool ride.  I think you were smart to avoid the beer.  I can't imagine trying to ride in traffic after drinking.  I have a hard enough time sober.  Do onion rings effect your ability to ride?

Ernie

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Caffienator Rss Feed