General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I rather scream but just sigh when......... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-10 9:18 AM

Master
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: I rather scream but just sigh when.........
- I forget my swim suit........AFTER I've already striped down to my trunks at the lockers. SIGH!! (this happened today)

- That one item of clothing slips from the wet and sweaty pile, some how slips out on to the clean pile I keep in the car......then everything stinks.

- I have to keep a trunk full of work out clothes (that's the majority of my wardrobe)

- I miss a work out

- I get any illness that keeps me out of action

- I rush to the gym to find out the pool is closed

- I rush out to run then realized I'd forgotten my HR strap (my tri career is over)

- I need to sleep. It takes so much precious time from my work outs

- I need to stop on the bike for highway on and off ramp traffic on one of my favorite routes

- My schedule forces me to cicycle at night. I can't take my favorite route (trail)

- I have to stop my work out for any reason other than my scheduled break/interval/set, etc.

- I pack everything but my running shoes after driving to my favorite route that's a 30min drive away

- I'm on a nice long bike ride to then realize I'd forgotten my money & ATM card when I'm cold, famished and thirsty, water bottles empty........(this happened about 3 weeks ago)

- I wake up nice & early Sunday morning, totally pyched to go on a long ride to then be reminded (as I'm slipping on my bibjohns), we (or was it she), had a full day schedule for chores, MD appointment for my daughter, time with the inlaws, etc............(back to bed)

- I go thru enough that I can actually make an "I hate it when..." list this long (yes, I've gone thru each one of these at least once)

What can you add from your experiences?

SIGH!!!!

2006-04-10 10:11 AM
in reply to: #392381

User image

Regular
Woodbury
Subject: RE: I rather scream but just sigh when.........
I hurried up to squeeze a run in after work. After the warm-up walk, go to hit the start button on the watch...still wearing my dress watch! Doh!
2006-04-10 10:58 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

-I rush to get to the gym to swim and realize that I left a towel at home and I haven't showered because it's early in the morning.

-I miss a workout because I have too much homework to do.

-I miss a workout because I'm sick

-I miss a workout.  

-I workout over lunch and then realize that I haven't packed nearly enough food, but being on a college campus there's nothing healthy enough to feed myself with.

-Having to run at night and being afraid to do it. 

2006-04-10 11:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Mobile, Alabama
I am 22 miles into a 30 mile ride when the rear tire gets a tack in it and blows.

I forgot to pack the spare tube.

I have to call my wife to come rescue me

I have to sit by my lonesome self
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I rather scream but just sigh when......... Rss Feed