General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello... Again Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-12 2:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Tampa, Florida
Subject: Hello... Again

Hi again.

Background: I started this sport late in '04 with a hope of my first tri in April of '05. I trained, and was pretty solid especially with this site helping the whole way. I competed in several races, including my first 5k, my first 10k and my first dualthlon. April came and went and my tri got cancelled. I ended up doing the 5k instead. Fellow Atlantians, it was John Tanner... yeah I stayed for the run and it was my *last* race. Since that date I have basically given up at a tri and have failed several attempts to get back into it. I am trying once again, even though work has me traveling and I do have a vacation coming up. I am going to start off very light again and just try to build a base. I have enough time before the '07 season. I wanted to post this to vent my frustration in myself and to get me more attached to this site for a hope at being successful to coming back to the sport. To those I abandoned on here, I hope everything is going great! Hopefully I will be talking to you soon. Looking forward to meeting and training with new people.

Goal: Get back into training! Thanks, D

Edited by DJP1812 2006-04-12 2:27 PM

2006-04-12 3:13 PM
in reply to: #394829

User image

Master
Athens, Ga.
Subject: RE: Hello... Again
Welcome back! Since I'm relatively new, I don't remember you. But I hope training goes better this time. Stick with it. And, hey, you can still do an event this year if you've started training again. I know Callaway Gardens has a mini-sprint. Might be a good way to jump back in.
2006-04-12 3:31 PM
in reply to: #394917

User image

Veteran
Tampa, Florida
Thanks! That tri actually sounds perfect! It is cutting a little short, so I will hold up on registering, but I think I might be able to pull it off.

-D

2006-04-12 3:53 PM
in reply to: #394829

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills

Dominick -

Welcome back.  It is hard to get back into the groove of training while juggling the rest of life, but give yourself three to four weeks and you'll find your schedule will reach a groove.

Not sure which part of town you live in, but if you are looking for a group training session (especially a group ride) check out the North Atlanta Multisport triathlon club.  Brett (Rocketman) is the president and there are more than a couple BT'ers train together there.

Also see that you are back to filling out your logs ... good deal.

See you on the SCT.

2006-04-13 8:46 AM
in reply to: #394963

User image

Veteran
Tampa, Florida
Thanks for the info! I'll have to see my dedication come back, but the club idea sounds great. Can use all the support I can get. I also see there are a couple members doing the Tri watergirl told me about. That looks promising.

-D

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello... Again Rss Feed