General Discussion Race Reports! » Tyranena Beer Run - 1/2 Barrel Route Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tyranena Beer Run - 1/2 Barrel Route - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
United States
Tyranena Brewing Company
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 57m 11s
Overall Rank = 401/924
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 19/62
Pre-race routine:

Late race threw me off! Took Drew to basketball at 8am after getting up 7:15--shoulda got my race stuff together but didn't. Got home 9:20, quick got changed, grabbed race belt. Rebecca arrived at 9:30, Kaitlyn too to sit. Made a waffle with PB and a grandola bar with PB to eat in the car on the way. Stopped to pee at the rest stop just before Lake Mills. Arrived at 10:45, lot where we parked last year was full, so I dropped of Rebecca and grabbed a spot nearby on the street. Got our race packets, put the bags in the car, then hit the metro. Had 15 mins to start. Realized I FORGOT MY WATCH AGAIN! 2ND YEAR IN A ROW! UGH! Decided without that to pace me, I was not going for a PR, I would just enjoy the run.
Event warmup:

Wore black underarmor with Disneyland half black tshirt over, compression shorts. Jogged to the tent after dropping of Rebecca, did a little stretching while waiting for the start in the corral.
Run
  • 1h 57m 11s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 57s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt good, Rebecca kept asking people at every mile marker what the time was. Had approx 8:30 for first 2 miles, decided I should slow down or the finish would get ugly. Hit the 10 mile mark at 12:28 according to a man next to us, realized I could get a PR after all. Picked up the pace a bit, really hit a groove. Rebecca said I should go ahead, so kicked it in for the last 2 miles. Wish I had my watch, felt like I did negative splits! Ended up taking 2 seconds off my last PR--yea! Took in a few sips of water at each stop. Stomach was sloshing but never cramped up, thankfully. Ate a shot blox at mile 3-ish, GU at the mile 7/8 water stop, and another shot blox around mile 11. Felt great!
What would you do differently?:

Wear my watch! Gotta remember it one of these years! Otherwise maybe not start out so fast but pick it up throughout instead of slowing down in the middle.
Post race
Warm down:

Wait for Rebecca in the finisher chute, walk back to the car to get our coats. Back to the tent for lasagna and beer! Sit on the grass in the tent and stretch while drinking beer. Take an ice shower after getting home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not having my watch to pace myself. At Disneyland I was consistent all the way thru.

Event comments:

Love this race, do it every year (except in '09 when I had the flu). Great way to wrap up the season! And I'll take another PR, even if it's only 2 seconds! (It was 9 minutes off last year's time tho!).

Last updated: 2011-10-22 12:00 AM
Running
01:57:11 | 13.1 miles | 08m 57s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/62
Overall: 401/924
Performance: Good
Course: Beautiful course, beautiful fall colors. Couple of biggish hills around mile 3, then some rollers. Strong headwind when running east (I think that was east!).
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-11-08 1:29 PM

User image

New user

Waunakee, Wisconsin
Subject: Tyranena Beer Run - 1/2 Barrel Route
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tyranena Beer Run - 1/2 Barrel Route Rss Feed