General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Quintana Roo ti-phoon 55cm 700c - $1500 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
View 1 Gear Reviews of this product
2011-11-14 8:34 AM

Subject: Quintana Roo ti-phoon 55cm 700c - $1500

Up for sale is my pride and joy Tiphoon made of 6AL/4V titanium. This frame will literally outlive you. Made in america with the kind of artisanship no longer found in blow molded carbon frames made on assembly line in Asia. No, this was made by God fearing, country music loving rednecks in the deep south of Chattanooga when 'Made in the USA' still meant something. (As a former employee, I include myself in this description- apart from the country music).
Frame details:
55cm 700c
54cm top tube

Bike has a total of less than 1000 miles.

Drivetrain: 10sp Ultegra
Wheels: Bontrager Select -perfectly adequate training wheels
Front End: PD Alumi-X with 7800 shifters
Brake Levers: Cane Creek
Stem: Ritchey WCS -17 100mm (I've got a few stems to swap out if need be)
Seatpost: FSA

I've gotten out of triathlon and need to thin out the bike closet. Honestly, I would like to keep it as a memorable to a time in cycling history when build quality and attention to detail was important (rather than a company's warranty policy or how fast they can stamp out another frame to replace the cracked plastic). I'm currently rocking a Gary Fisher Superfly 100 mtb and am on my 5th frame... really thinking hard about going back to ti hardtail.

The bike is technically worth thousands and would cost even more if you wanted something like this built by Lynskey (I believe the current rate on a similar frame is abour $7k). However, I realize this is now a world of carbon fiber, bright decals, and planned obsolesence so I've set my price at $1500+shipping +paypal fees, if applicable. Shipping should be calculated from Chattanooga, TN.

my direct contact email is timrcb (at) hotmail (dot) com

thanks

Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Quintana Roo ti-phoon 55cm 700c - $1500 Rss Feed