Community Vision
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 6h 52m 56s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I grabbed two 5 hour shots and a couple of Shotblocks to carry with me. I bought a breakfast meal from Burger King for a starting point sponge.
Event warmup:

None, it was a Century ride not a race.
Bike
  • 6h 52m 56s
  • 105.3 miles
  • 15.30 mile/hr
Comments:

The ride was reasonably comfortable thru mile 80 with the last 10 to 15 being almost dream like. I did well considering that my bike mileage was down from two years ago the last time I did a century.
What would you do differently?:

I need to train for a century. My training this year was to get above 20 miles for a 40K time trial which I did twice. I really dropped my training in August and September so I am happy wit the results.
Post race
Event comments:

The ride was nice and the weather was perfect. The course was well marked except in a couple of towns where the Jack O Henry's got a little thin. The rest areas were well stocked and the volunteers nice. The party at the end of the ride was great with a dinner and a Beer tent.

Last updated: 2011-09-22 12:00 AM
Biking
06:52:56 | 105.3 miles | 15.30 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: 100-mile course - A scenic, relatively flat course scattered with heart pumping climbs and descents (Just under 4000 ft. overall elevation gain). After lunch, enjoy a peaceful ride on the Canby Ferry. The shorter daylight hours and afternoon headwind makes the century a fun way to test your season’s training by maintaining a recommended 12-15-mph pace. Riders must depart lunch stop at mile 42 by 12:30pm to do the full century. You can easily opt at mile 43 for the shorter, but just as beautiful, 75-mile route - particularly if you choose to relax at the winery earlier in the day! Rest stops include: Hillside Bible Church Montinore Estate Winery Ewing Young Elementary School Champoeg State Park Canby Ferry Edy Ridge Elementary School Course Marking Each course is marked with the signature Harvest Century Jack-O-Henry’s (like Dan Henry pavement markings – only better). Each rider is also provided with a cue-sheet & map to follow.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right