United States
39F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 82/531
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

It's a turkey trot, my pre-race routine consisted of picking up coffee and donuts for my friends. Sometimes races are purely for fun!
Event warmup:

We actually jogged a bit before the race as it was pretty cold and a bunch of us were still tired from the Philly Marathon on Sunday.
Run
  • 37m 28s
  • 5 miles
  • 07m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

I do this race every year, it's usually my first run after the Philly Marathon on Sunday. It is just a lot of fun to meet up with both my running and tri clubs and see everyone again. Nice to run for fun and enjoy the conversation and talk about the seasons past and future. Actually it was a pretty good run, we pushed pretty hard at the end and three of us finished within 10 seconds of each other. Even in a fun run it's still competitive. We hung as a group for a bit over 4 miles and then those "A" type personalities came through with a mad dash for the finish.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, it's a turkey trot! Maybe get a better assortment of donuts?
Post race
Warm down:

Donuts, coffee, water, bananas. Yes, one person did not drink coffee or eat donuts, which made the rest of us nervous.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Other than being wiped from doing 2 marathons in the last 3 weeks?? I put the mental effort as 5-best as it my my suggestion to get coffee and donuts.

Event comments:

This is obviously not a serious race, or a serious race report. We had a lot of fun and it was great to run with my friends, especially my tri friends who don't usually enjoy running once the season is over :)

Last updated: 2011-11-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:37:28 | 05 miles | 07m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 82/531
Performance: Good
Course: Two loops around Memorial Hall. First loop was great, second loop we were apparently irritating a number of people walking in the middle of the course who had no idea there was a race. In their defense I am sure they didn't expect to have 500 people bearing down on them during an early morning stroll through the park!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes