General Discussion Race Reports! » 10th ANNUAL BETTER LIFE 5K & 1-MILE FUN WALK Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

10th ANNUAL BETTER LIFE 5K & 1-MILE FUN WALK - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Victor, New York
United States
Thompson Healthcare Foundation
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 70/168
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 8/10
Pre-race routine:

Decided laying bed at 7:50 to go race. Got up and washed faced and brushed teeth. Put on my BT tattoo. Had a little Hammer gel on the way. Little coffee after registration.
Event warmup:

Ran around and did some Chi joint loosening and calf stretches. Met a couple people from master swimming.
Run
  • 24m 51s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

Tried to stay focused on CHI princples. Next time I'll do the minute timer thing and the watch to remind me to focus. Started well in the group. Passed other runner for about a half then stayed close to those around me. Would rather pass in the beginning. Build a lottle confidence.
What would you do differently?:

Decide sooner and drink the night before. I ve such a problem drinking on the course. 5K's should be no big deal if you hydrated ahead of time. it's when I don't saturate my body before is where the trouble comes in.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked it off, drank, cheered on the finishers.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Ability to run down hill. Drink on the run. I stopped to drinka big swallow.

Event comments:

Well another goal in the pocket. Had a great race. My fastest 5K. That Chi seems to work. I had to focus a lot on form and will need to go back and review chapters, esp running downhill. I would do great going up passing this person and that person, only to be passed on the downhill.

Last updated: 2006-04-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:51 | 03.11 miles | 07m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 0/168
Performance: Good
Little high MAX HR 225 AVG HR 167 One mile 7:52 Two mile 16:00 Most of the uphill was the first mile.
Course: Hilly Adams (W) to School (S) up hill and turn around to Dyer (E) to Maple (N) to Adams (W)
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-04-30 11:01 AM

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Subject: 10th ANNUAL BETTER LIFE 5K & 1-MILE FUN WALK
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 10th ANNUAL BETTER LIFE 5K & 1-MILE FUN WALK Rss Feed