General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bikes bikes bikes!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-04 4:29 PM

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: Bikes bikes bikes!!!!
So I had an old mountain bike – old and heavy – no way was I gonna do a tri in that. So I bought a new one – nothing spectacular – on special but only for a season or so so I didn’t mind.

Had enough after a while – got a really good price on a Raleigh R300 Tour bike – never going to be the fastest thing on the road but it’d do me all right. Added a baby seat to the mountain bike and now the whole family can go out!

So there I was today – did a short ride and then off to the Local bike shop to get the R300 tuned up (still un named!!! Shame on me!). Rode past a yard sale – on a Friday!! There were a couple of bikes out there. Checked then out on the way back home – OLD – heavy – but true road bikes. Wasn’t sure about it but as it turns out the women only wanted $5 for the paur of them – how could I say no???? So I gave them a good home – rode them both back – (only ½ mile to my house) and I reckon with a quick tune up and maybe a couple of tubes that they will be ready to go. No idea of the make – began with an R – but I’d never heard of them before!!
So I gave them a good home – glad I built that new shed – I think I’ll need it now!!

We now have these 2 bikes, my tour bike, the new mountain bike, the old mountain bike. My wifes mountain bike, my daughters and my boys.

I think I should open a bike shop!!!

2004-06-04 10:01 PM
in reply to: #29230

User image

Master
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Bikes bikes bikes!!!!
now you can "mentor" the next budding triathlete in your neighborhood, eh?!!!
2004-06-07 3:33 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-06-07 8:54 AM

Veteran
Lubbock, TX
Subject: RE: Bikes bikes bikes!!!!
I purchased a bike for my wife a few years back hoping that she would ride with me. We hang the bikes from the ceiling to keep them out of the way. Her bike is still hanging upside down from the ceiling...5 years later. Maybe she will change her mind.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bikes bikes bikes!!!! Rss Feed