Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Grafting in a partial training plan into existing plan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-01 3:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Allen
Subject: Grafting in a partial training plan into existing plan

I'm on one of the beginner sprint programs and have increased the running and cycling times to match my ability when I started back in February.  By increasing the times, I'm on track for an Oly later on this year. 

The Oly I have planned is in August and would like to start one of the Oly plans after my first sprint tri in June.  At that point I will have over-lapped into the 2nd month of the new Oly plan.  Is there any way I could graft the last couple months of the Oly plan into my calendar?  If I did that before I'm finished with my current plan, will it overwrite my current planned info??

Thanks!

2006-05-01 5:28 PM
in reply to: #411445

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: Grafting in a partial training plan into existing plan

No problem. The Import function allows you to import part of a training plan into your planned training. Just determine how many days of the plan you want to import and use the Day Range boxes in the Import Screen to limit how much of the plan goes into your logs:

Select the STARTING or ENDING date. 

* NOTE...You are given the length in days of the plan.  These plans have default race days on Sunday and are the LAST day on the plan.  But in reality, the last day of the plan is any day you choose it to be.

1. You can import your plan to start on a date if you're not concerned about where it ends. 
  2. OR you can use the 'Import concludes' meaning that the last day of the plan will coincide to the date...perfect for importing to a specific final race day.
  3. For ultimate flexibility, you can also choose to only import a certain date range.
  4. For customization or 'blending' with other plans, you can choose to import only certain sports.

4. Click on the 'Import into planned training' button.  You will be warned that any data you already have in this date range will be overwritten.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Grafting in a partial training plan into existing plan Rss Feed