Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2012-03-25 2:11 PM
in reply to: #4112155

User image

Veteran
Tampa
Subject: RE: Team KiterChick - CLOSED

Hi Sarah, just read the race report and looks good for the first race of the season with limited training. Nice swim (even if the course was a little short, this was very good!). It's a shame that the fit on the bike was a little off, I have not had to deal with that yet, since I have only raced here in FL

The comments on the run shows how much better than me you are at running! I would be very happy with an 8:42 pace in my OLY next month! 

When I wok up at 6:15 am today and looked out the window I immediately remembered you were racing and that you were probably about to get started. Here is stopped around 7 am and was fine after that (I am about 40 miles from Bradenton) so I ended up going on my ride too. I noticed that riding with a friend makes me go faster, which is not necessarily good, hehe. We did 21 miles and they were supposed to be endurance miles, though I figured out we were going into zone 3 quite a bit, and we did go hard in the last 3.5 miles to see who had more left. Luckily I dropped him like a rock

2012-03-25 6:39 PM
in reply to: #3942327

User image

Veteran
Boston, MA
Hey Sebastian, thanks for the swimming encouragement. I'm pretty optimistic that I'll see even more improvements once I get to practice in open water. As for the run, I'm sure you'll do great once it's your turn next month!

Nice you were able to get out for a dry ride too, and way to burn your friend!

Edited by KiterChick 2012-03-28 11:02 AM
2012-03-25 6:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Boston, MA

Hi everyone! I'm back at work, and it's quite the weather change. Looks like I'll be making friends with my trainer again. At least I was able to get in some outside riding when I was in FL. Not too much to report for workouts the past couple days, since I've been resting after my race. Did a bit of easy swimming yesterday, and have a more organized swim workout on the schedule for tonight.

Hopefully waiting on getting a correct time entered into the official results for my race online. For some reason, they listed me as a 3:07. I think that my chip may have come close to the mat after I dug it out of my wetsuit and returned it to the timing volunteers. I hated to be a pain, but I really didn't want that time on my record, so I wrote them about it. The guy was really nice about it though, so it should be getting remedied soon!

Hope your weeks are all going well!

Edited by KiterChick 2012-03-28 11:07 AM
2012-03-29 10:58 AM

User image

Veteran
I'm back, finally. After working 12+ hour days for 6 strait days and a well deserved day of rest I'm ready to train again.

Did anyone else get some killer deals on Chain Love? I got some things that I really didn't NEED but they'll make my training and racing easier.

Hope all is well with everyone.
2012-03-30 3:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Boston, MA

Beth, that sounds like a killer work schedule! Glad you made it through. I haven't bought anything off of Chainlove yet, but before they switched over, I bought a wetsuit I definitely didn't need from Bonktown. It's on it's way, so we'll see if I like it better than the two I already own. What did you end up buying?

I've been plugging along with my workouts lately. Headed to the pool tonight, and hoping that it isn't too crowded. Weather hasn't been very nice here lately, so my ride this weekend will likely have to be on the trainer. Boo!

2012-03-30 8:32 PM
in reply to: #4121423

User image

Davis Square, Somerville, MA

Been enjoying my vacation down South- I went for a run on Thursday, but have spent the rest of the week playing with my daughter while my wife has been in her conference. This break has been great for me- my body actually feels good for the first time in a long while and I am looking forward to getting back on the training bandwagon.

Oh well, tomorrow its back to Boston.  I had forgotten how much I loved Charlotte- if only I'd been athletic when I lived here- the weather is great and there are so many opportunities to do things.  I guy stopped me at the Chic-Fil-A to talk about the NYC tri last year (I was wearing my shirt), and we got to talking a bit about Ironman Augusta 70.3 which is on my list to do in the next couple of years.

Hope everyone had a great week!

Will

2012-04-02 11:59 AM

User image

New user
Had a pretty hectic month or so, our daughter is now here so not had much time for training with trips to the hospital and visitors calling in. I've basically just been fitting in anything I can when I get a spare hour. Had to pull out of my 10k also as mother and baby was still in hospital. Back at work today so should get back to a bit of normality. Looks like everyone making good progress, keep up the good work!
2012-04-03 8:32 AM
in reply to: #4124786

User image

Veteran
Raleigh, NC

chris316 - 2012-04-02 11:59 AM Had a pretty hectic month or so, our daughter is now here so not had much time for training with trips to the hospital and visitors calling in. I've basically just been fitting in anything I can when I get a spare hour. Had to pull out of my 10k also as mother and baby was still in hospital. Back at work today so should get back to a bit of normality. Looks like everyone making good progress, keep up the good work!

Chris, glad to hear everyone is home and getting back to normal.  

2012-04-03 10:34 AM

User image

Veteran
Boston, MA
Hi everyone, just to let you know, the new group is up and running. We can now post in the new thread, which is in the current mentor section, whereas this thread is now in the archives. Same name, since I wanted to make it easy to find. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Team KiterChick - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 22