BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 69

2012-04-02 2:27 PM
in reply to: #4124743

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED
jmkizer - 2012-04-02 11:50 AM

kgore - 2012-04-01 2:24 PM Ack! We've been archived! So....will there be a spring migration of manatees? I would love to join them.

+1

Bring it!

I was just looking around for the Manatees in the Spring tread.  Hope I don't miss the migration.

In the meantime, here is a really cool video of some awesome people helping 30 dolphins...

http://elcomercio.pe/player/1384898

2012-04-02 9:13 PM
in reply to: #4124380

User image

Master
Vista, CA
jmkizer - 2012-04-02 7:40 AM
jimmyb - 2012-03-31 10:02 PM

My question to the group, is:  if you are following a training plan, how close do you get to 100% completion of all activities?

I follow my training plan pretty closely.  I'm 100% for 2012 (knock wood).  It helps that I use a coach so the plan is tailored to me and takes into account things like if I have to travel for work or I have tickets to a hockey game (so can work out in the morning but not after work).

I'm OCD about my training plan when I have one and follow it to the letter, but that's just my personality. :-) If I were sick or injured, however I do listen to my body and take that into account.

2012-04-03 7:52 AM
in reply to: #4126060

User image

Melon Presser
lmscozz - 2012-04-03 10:13 AM
jmkizer - 2012-04-02 7:40 AM
jimmyb - 2012-03-31 10:02 PM

My question to the group, is:  if you are following a training plan, how close do you get to 100% completion of all activities?

I follow my training plan pretty closely.  I'm 100% for 2012 (knock wood).  It helps that I use a coach so the plan is tailored to me and takes into account things like if I have to travel for work or I have tickets to a hockey game (so can work out in the morning but not after work).

I'm OCD about my training plan when I have one and follow it to the letter, but that's just my personality. :-) If I were sick or injured, however I do listen to my body and take that into account.

Surprisingly, same here, except the sick and injured part ... I just keep following that training plan right into the ER! But ... I'm getting better. Very slowly.

Another thing I'm changing is being all-or-nothing about workouts ... (because it almost always winds up being "all" and that ain't good when it SHOULD be nothing, or just slightly something) if I I've got a 2-hour bike on tap and for one reason or another I just can't do it, then fine, do a 30-minute bike or 1-hour bike, whatever I can fit in. If it's too much to gear up for biking, then put in whatever running I can ... or if even that's too much, go out and get a brisk walk in whatever clothing I'm in.  AND accept that that's just fine and great to do!

2012-04-03 8:08 AM
in reply to: #3942879

User image

Melon Presser

SPRING MANATEE MIGRATION

Well, it's that strange and new time of year again ... springtime ... and we are spawning into a new pod. If you wish to join the migration, here's the new thread:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=433244&posts=1&start=1

If you wish to keep swimming along, join another pod or even start your own (yes, we've spawned grand-Manatees!), THANK YOU and what a tremendous joy and privilege it's been to swim with you for this time.

We're happy to keep this thread going for as long as folks post in it, and some of us will continue to check in on it.

I'm sure Lynn will be by to wish her farewells also, but please stop by her log and tell her how awesome she is personally. She'll be taking this next mentor season to focus on balancing her health. I can't put into words how much Lynn has done for me and what a phenomenal mentor she is, but all of you already know that, having been here. HUGE THANK YOU and {{{MELON PRESSES}}} forever!!!

It's always a huge challenge to find someone who will put up with me as a co-mentor (my only requirement is that my co-mentor be a smokin' hot redhead, but apparently others have slightly higher standards than I do?!), and after much whining, bribery, manipulation, and outright blackmail, ADRIENNE has generously agreed to try to rein me in and help herd our new Manatee pod. Please wish her luck and/or come over to support her--she will need it!

And to all of you--deepest gratitude for letting me share your journeys and for all the incredible support you've been to me.

2012-04-03 9:43 AM
in reply to: #3942879

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
I will so be in on the spring pod--you guys have kept me motivated through the last mentor session (and entertained! ).  Looking forward to it!
2012-04-03 10:24 AM
in reply to: #4126506

User image

Master
Vista, CA
TriAya - 2012-04-03 6:08 AM

SPRING MANATEE MIGRATION

Well, it's that strange and new time of year again ... springtime ... and we are spawning into a new pod. If you wish to join the migration, here's the new thread:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=433244&posts=1&start=1

If you wish to keep swimming along, join another pod or even start your own (yes, we've spawned grand-Manatees!), THANK YOU and what a tremendous joy and privilege it's been to swim with you for this time.

We're happy to keep this thread going for as long as folks post in it, and some of us will continue to check in on it.

I'm sure Lynn will be by to wish her farewells also, but please stop by her log and tell her how awesome she is personally. She'll be taking this next mentor season to focus on balancing her health. I can't put into words how much Lynn has done for me and what a phenomenal mentor she is, but all of you already know that, having been here. HUGE THANK YOU and {{{MELON PRESSES}}} forever!!!

It's always a huge challenge to find someone who will put up with me as a co-mentor (my only requirement is that my co-mentor be a smokin' hot redhead, but apparently others have slightly higher standards than I do?!), and after much whining, bribery, manipulation, and outright blackmail, ADRIENNE has generously agreed to try to rein me in and help herd our new Manatee pod. Please wish her luck and/or come over to support her--she will need it!

And to all of you--deepest gratitude for letting me share your journeys and for all the incredible support you've been to me.

Yes, here I am, Yanti! Wishing all the Manatees past, present and future, smooth, WARM, clear waters. It's been my pleasure to work play with Yanti (she's the Yan to my Yin) on gathering an amazing group of people and making us all an internet family.

I am taking a break to focus on balancing my health as Yanti says, but I'll drop by like a seagull in your new pod from time to time just so I don't feel too left out.

I'm so honored to share in your triathlon journey, or running or cycling, swimming, etc. Hell, just your life journey. So to each and every one of you, all the best moving forward in your season and life.{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} to one and all and {{{{{{MELON PRESSES}}}}}} to those that prefer a little somethin' somethin'.

And, Adreinne -- aka Salty will be a fabulous mentor. Have fun you all!!

xoxoxox Lynn

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 69