General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Places to run in Lubbock Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-12-18 7:59 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tampa, FL
Subject: Places to run in Lubbock

Hey everyone, I'm in Lubbock for the next few days visiting family and looking for recommendations on places to run. Staying close to Texas Tech. Aiming for a 9 mile run tomorrow morning, not opposed to doing multiple loops. The only search result I came up with was Mae Simmons Park, but can't find an official website and not sure how long the running trail would be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Nathan

2011-12-19 11:46 AM
in reply to: #3943286

User image

Veteran
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Subject: RE: Places to run in Lubbock
Sorry you're not getting much help, not sure if we have any Lubbock residents here.  Whenever I travel out that way I typically end up running on a treadmill at the hotel, but I know that's not what you're looking for!
2011-12-22 11:50 AM

User image

West Texas
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Check out the West Texas Running Club and look at their club races. They have all their maps online for 13 different races, 6 or 7 of them are in Lubbock and one fo them is through the Tech Campus (Red Raider Road Race).

I hope this helps and isn't too late for you to use.
2012-08-10 8:44 PM

Tri3 - 2011-12-18 7:59 PM

Hey everyone, I'm in Lubbock for the next few days visiting family and looking for recommendations on places to run. Staying close to Texas Tech. Aiming for a 9 mile run tomorrow morning, not opposed to doing multiple loops. The only search result I came up with was Mae Simmons Park, but can't find an official website and not sure how long the running trail would be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Nathan

Sorry, I don't get on the forums much.Next time your in town run around Texas tech campus which I believe is a 3.6 mile loop. Also, mckenzie park area is great too w some rolling hills.They are actually doing a half and fill marathon this September which I'm doing and it's a good course layout
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Places to run in Lubbock Rss Feed