BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Big Steve's Group (Year Two) - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2012-04-30 12:50 PM
in reply to: #3943299

User image

Veteran
Smithfield, VA
Subject: RE: Big Steve's Group (Year Two) - CLOSED

My totals for the week:

S:
 3900.00 Yd
 1h 30m
B:
 86.26 Mi
 4h 46m 44s
R:
 11.01 Mi
 1h 41m 32s

Ended up skipping my long run last night due to unforseen family committment.  I'll basically flip my scheduled rest day today and knock it out tonight.

Upcoming week will be very light as my first 70.3 event is this Saturday.  It's a bit early, but the nerves have really picked up.  Of all weeks for the weather to finally get warm.... it would just "have" to be this one.

2012-04-30 5:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Brunswick, NJ
Silver member

I totally hear you on the "nerves" topic.  I didn't want to take any chances w/my bike so I had it professionally packed this morning.  It was a great lesson.  Now that I've seen it done I can  easily do it myself.  Point is, once the travel case was locked up the HIM coming up on Sunday became that much more real and the nerves starting acting up on the ride home.  This is supposed to be a rest day but I put in 40 minutes in the pool just to burn of nervous energy. I have a couple of HIM under my belt but racing in the heat is freaking me out a bit.

So with today's short swim April is in the books!  Pretty happy with the volume this month. @ 44 hrs its just above this time last year.  I feel faster in the water, last week's Half Marry gave me a lot of confidence in my run but I still have a lot of work to do on the bike...all work in progress!

Hours

2012-05-08 6:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Brunswick, NJ
Silver member

Completed Ironman 70.3 St. Croix on Sunday in 6:27:09.  Not a great time but considering the unrelenting hills and humidity I was pretty happy.   My race report is here:  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... hills were just insane.  Beauty and the Beast is a perfect name for this race.  It lived up to both. Amazing views on the bike & run and the one climb at mile 20 is definitely a BEAST.   Hills and tight turns all along the 56 mile course, extremely technical.  I'm glad I brought the rode bike and not the tri bike.  Oh, and the rain for the first half of the bike didn't help either.

All in all a great experience!

2012-05-08 8:10 PM

Pennsylvania
Good job on the HIM, Steve. You were much more successful than I was on my Half Marathon. I was hoping to break 2 hours but was only able to do 2:12.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Big Steve's Group (Year Two) - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 27