General Discussion Race Reports! » Standard Chartered Half Marathon Singapore Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Standard Chartered Half Marathon Singapore - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Singapore,
Singapore
Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore
Total Time = 2h 04m 35s
Overall Rank = 629/13862
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 517/9097
Pre-race routine:

Didn't eat so much because I was till full from the hamburgers the night before.
Event warmup:

We did some stretching and stayed close to the toilets for last minute evacuations.
Run
  • 2h 04m 35s
  • 21 kms
  • 05m 56s  min/km
Comments:

The course sucked at the start with thousands of people funneled into narrow pathways which led to the inevitable stops, dodging, weaving and walking. The first 2kms took 18 minutes which would have had me under 2 hours if it had been anything like normal.
Ran out of puff in the last 3 kms and my brother reckons its because I didn't take any of the gu's. Have to train my guts for this in preparation for the HIM in March.
What would you do differently?:

Try to get to the front of the pack so you've got a clearer run but gosh knows what time you'd have to be there in the morning.
Post race
Warm down:

Caught the MRT home with my brother and then had beers with him at the airport before his flight back to Australia

What limited your ability to perform faster:

crowds at the start and poor nutrition plan

Event comments:

The distances were either not clearly marked or not readily apparent. The nature of the course at the start was frustrating and the expressway bit was quite dangerous with 3 lanes of oncoming traffic. Needs to be changes or I won't be entering again next year.

Last updated: 2011-09-24 12:00 AM
Running
02:04:35 | 21 kms | 05m 56s  min/km
Age Group: 517/9097
Overall: 629/13862
Performance: Average
Course: Winding through the resorts on Sentosa and then a flat stretch on an expressway followed by running to City Hall area for the finish
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2011-12-19 8:25 AM

Singapore
Subject: Standard Chartered Half Marathon Singapore
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Standard Chartered Half Marathon Singapore Rss Feed