BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Birkierunner's group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2012-03-27 7:10 PM
in reply to: #3943815

User image

Expert
Western WI
Subject: RE: Birkierunner's group - CLOSED

Good work peeps!!

Hey - swim drills.

My swim workouts call for 8 x 50 drills at the beginning of the workout and again at the end.

Any one have any good drills I can learn from ya?  I'm getting kinda sick of doing catch-ups, stroke stroke stroke roll on side then repeat (dont know what that one's called), swimming with fists.  And suggestions would be welcomed!!

2012-03-28 9:31 AM

User image

Veteran

Congratulations, Mike!! Actually, that was an awesome race report and a really successful first triathlon! I suppose I'll only be seeing the back end of you at the TryCharleston in April Wink Seriously, very well done.

Jessica, it's great to hear that you are able to juggle everything and not miss a session. This is one of my biggest worries for upcoming marathon training. I throw everything out the window when company comes or work gets too crazy. I heard something good on a podcast recently: you can't manage your time, but you can manage what you do with your time. Oh yes, the time is going to tick away no matter what, so what do I want to be able to say I accomplished at the end of the day (or week or month)?

I got my shorter runs in this week and 1 swim workout so far. Still lagging behind on the bike workouts.

Swim drills: I recently got a list of drills from a friend that included the fingertip drag drill (high elbows, arm relaxed, dragging the finger tips over the surface). A swimmer and tri-coach I know also recommends doing a simple stroke count drill. In my mind, that hardly qualifies as a drill, but I suppose it's good to do them now and then to gauge progress. Then, do you do any kick drills using a board? I don't. I wonder if we should be doing those? 

2012-04-13 2:37 PM

User image

Been going good with my training thus-far, biked 50 miles tuesday, planning to up it to 70 miles by the end of the month for a half i got in the middle of may! Nutrition is nice and simple with a 3 hour bottle of perpetuem and perform, no problems! should be a fun next few months!
2013-04-11 2:37 PM

New user

well the nova scotia weather sure isn't helping the bike training.  I have only been outside once, the rest of the bike training has been in the gym.  today...however its sunny and clear and I will get in a long ride after work.

we were hit at my house with the flu too..so missed a week of training but this week got back at it. last night I tried to run for 38 minutes, and made it to 19 before I had to stop or suffer everyone else with an unpleasant upchuck, but I am feeling better today.

I do have a question:  the 22 week training plan will end one week before my first tri.  should I just repeat the last week which has two days off before the race?

2013-04-29 5:02 PM

User image

Expert
South Windsor CT

Howdy.  Since we are on the topic of bike training, does anyone have any suggestions or exercises for a stiff neck and shoulders after cycling.  I have just noticed now that Im slowly starting to ramp  up the mileage for IM training, My neck and shoulders are really stiff and ache the next day.  Any suggestions.  I did have a proper fit for my road bike a few months ago, Im using a road bike, not a tri bike.< cant imagine being hunched over for that distance.>  Any input would be much appreciated.

Carl.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Birkierunner's group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 14