Seneca Falls, New York
United States
30F / -1C
Total Time = 26m 29s
Overall Rank = 504/1820
Age Group = F40-44
Age Group Rank = 21/136
Pre-race routine:

Dad and Leslie went up the day before to pick up our packets. That worked out really well because they had scouted out where to park and where the start/finish was. We found a parking spot that was probably only a 1/4 mile from the start (or less). We walked over to the community center and got in the restroom line.
Event warmup:

I did run a very short warm-up this time and then went to find a spot on the bridge.
Run
  • 26m 29s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

The race was SO much fun. It started at 4:40pm so we got to run by all sorts of Christmas lights. The course was nice - not a lot of turns, a little bit of up (but not enough to say it was hilly). My hands were really cold until just after a mile in. Downhill finish was nice.
What would you do differently?:

Start closer to the line. I mistakenly assumed that a race this big would have a timing mat at the start, but it did not. My official time was 27:08, but I didn't start my Garmin until I got to the start line. I was 26:29 by my Garmin.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the chute to where Dad was. We looked for Leslie but somehow missed her finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Very little training since the marathon on 11/20.

Event comments:

This was a really fun race! Definitely worth the drive up there. Lots of people were in either festive attire or costumes (elves, gingerbread men, reindeer, etc.). I ran in my Santa hat and Leslie was wearing a Christmas tree headband.

Last updated: 2011-12-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:29 | 03.11 miles | 08m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 21/136
Overall: 504/1820
Performance: Good
Splits: 8:26, 8:39, 8:27
Course: It was tough going for the first quarter to half mile as people were really bunched up.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes