of 4

2006-05-05 10:02 PM
in reply to: #414564

User image

Extreme Veteran
fort collins
Subject: RE: Pet peeves while training
BellinghamSpence - 2006-05-04 7:12 AM

How about, when you are running and in the opposite direction comes a person with a dog on the leash, (one of those retractable leashes) and the dog is 20 feet from the owner across the trail/sidewalk.      So you either have to hurdle the dog or the leash.   The stupid owner doesn't retract the leash or control the dog to their side of the trail.

Sometimes I think they are being rude on purpose. I keep my speed up and get really close to the person cause if someone is going to get slamed it won't be the innocent dog

2006-05-05 10:15 PM
in reply to: #414798

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Ditto!! hate that
2006-05-06 5:16 AM
in reply to: #413380

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431

my pet peeve is swimmers who don't know what time lap swim is. Just because you're training for whatever does not give you sole rights to the pool. Sorry boys and girls, but there's a posted schedule and we all have to share the same pool.

And to the obnoxious guy who b!tched me out last week when I took a lane away from the aerobics class for the lap swimmers, get over your dumb self, you don't own the pool either.

I am so tired of people who forget it's not their own private pool.

1. Water aerobics - Look, I'm glad you got up the nerve to start exercising, or decided to overcome your bad joints. Good for you, great job! Yet why do the 12 of you require ALL of the 5 - lane pool to essentially do a "group-wade"? Is it not possible for me and the other actual SWIMMERS to have 1 measly lane? I'm willing to share (heck, I'll even settle for 20% compared to your 80%), why aren't you willing to do the same?

2006-05-06 8:04 AM
in reply to: #413380

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Perfume in the pool that reminds me other stuff is leaking off thier body.
Talkers when your wearing ear plugs
Talkers in general, shut and train
Overly dramatic flip turns
Barking dogs in cars or PICKUPS, waiting for a red light and the pull up and start barking.
Cars that feel its nessecary to pass you 25 in front of the red light stop.
9 nine year olds kids that torment you on your first 5K by walking until you catch up then running ahead and walk till you catch up again, then run ahead, then walk then run then walk then run.................
Drifters, you know when you want to pass but they just drift back and forth with no real purpose in life.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pet peeves while training Rss Feed  

of 4