Canada
0C / 32F
Sunny
Total Time = 25m 26s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Work day. Got up super early. Had to get a long run in, so got out about 6:15ish and did about 7k, visited the potty.
Run
  • 25m 26s
  • 5.4 kms
  • 04m 43s  min/km
Comments:

This isn't a race. It is a fun run. But I raced it. More or less. I never done a 5k so I thought I would let it rip and use the crowd to pull me through. For the most part the crowd was in it for the fun so there weren't many people around me. Everyone settled in about 1k in, at least the people who were going faster (not that they were necessarily racing).

About 1k in a guy with an IMCan shirt passed me with his dog. Man, I was at 4:35 at that point and thought I was flying and here this dog passes me. Anyways, I tried like nothing else to catch that dog because I knew he had to slow. He did, but not enough for me to catch him. Passed a couple people on the last 2k. The course has a 2.5k option too so I kind of used those walkers that we ended up catching up with as motivation to keep going.

I didn't go super deep on this one. My stomach was in a bad spot so I did go hard but I had some left at the end. Had to take it easy at times due to ice, or the concern of ice.
What would you do differently?:

Over all great run on a dark morning with icy paths.
Post race
Warm down:

Went for a quick 5k run to get 17k in for the day. Headed back for the raffle and some bananas and gronala bars

Event comments:

You know I give this a 2. The post race stuff was good. They had awesome draw prizes (9 xboxes for 500 people so that aint too bad and a bunch of other stuff). Thing is guy I know rides to work and went over the handle bars when he was confronted with the mob of joggers. That shouldn't have happened. No spotters to stop that from happening.

Last updated: 2011-12-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:26 | 05.4 kms | 04m 43s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: just on the bike paths downtown
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4