General Discussion Race Reports! » Telstra Triathlon Series: Hillarys #1 - Pursuit Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Telstra Triathlon Series: Hillarys #1 - Pursuit Course - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Perth, Western Australia
Australia
TriEvents
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 232/
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 41/
Swim
  • 18m 20s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 26s / 100 meters
Comments:

There was a little bit of chop in the water which made me concerned. Nothing like Coogee Beach a week back. Then I thought about the Ironman and how conditions are probably going to be like this or even worse so I better get use to it :) I already made the decision to wear a wetsuit because I need all the help I can get! I thought I had a great swim, remained calm most of the way and navigated around the turning buoys without much trouble. I'm better sure I beat my previous swim time by 3-4 minutes early in the year at Hillarys #2 race. 67th out of 75 in my age group. Not last :)
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 40m 23s
  • 20 kms
  • 29.72 km/hr
Comments:

I had trouble getting my wetsuit off in transition which cost me a little bit of time however my 2nd attempt of mounting my bike (with shoes already clipped in) was successful so I believe I made the time back with that. We had to do 3 laps of the out and back course. First part with tailwind which was great fun. With my commutes home I learnt not to fight the headwind and just spin with high cadence and save the legs for the run and I stayed true to that. The only disappointing part of my ride is my chain came off coming back on my last lap while changing down to my small chainring. I have a history of this happening to me, really need to get that sorted. Apart from that, really enjoyable ride. It seems like the results included both T1 and T2 times - hate when they do that. 21st fastest bike ride out of 75 in Age Group. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/135047556
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 23m 13s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 38s  min/km
Comments:

Fairly quick transition, bit of trouble finding my spot on the rack as ALL the bikes seems to be back in (negative of starting in the last wave). First 3 km I took it fairly easy averaging 4:44 min/km and decided to ramp it up for the last 2 km. Splits for the last 2 km were roughly: 4:34 and 4:16 min/km. Negative split :) 34th fastest time out of 75 people in Age Group. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/135047559
Post race

Last updated: 2012-01-04 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:18:20 | 750 meters | 02m 26s / 100meters
Age Group: 68/
Overall: 465/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:40:23 | 20 kms | 29.72 km/hr
Age Group: 21/
Overall: 159/
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:23:13 | 05 kms | 04m 38s  min/km
Age Group: 35/
Overall: 226/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-01-04 7:55 AM

User image

Perth, Australia
Subject: Telstra Triathlon Series: Hillarys #1 - Pursuit Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Telstra Triathlon Series: Hillarys #1 - Pursuit Course Rss Feed