General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Fran Area Bike Rental and Rides Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-06 12:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Bedford, NH
Subject: San Fran Area Bike Rental and Rides

Hi - I have to travel to SF next week and will be there over weekend of Jan 14-16 and was hoping to find a place to rent a nice bike and ride somewhere (Marin Headlands / Mt Tam, Mt Diablo area, etc).  Does anyone have any recommendations for a place to rent a nicer road bike?  Any recommended routes?  For reference, my road bike is a 56cm Cervelo RS with SRAM Force.

Thanks,

Mike

2012-01-06 12:49 PM
in reply to: #3975203

User image

Extreme Veteran
San Francisco CA
Subject: RE: San Fran Area Bike Rental and Rides

Check out Sports Basement in the Presidio: http://www.sportsbasement.com/bikerentalfaq.asp

It's located right near the Golden Gate Bridge which you can ride across and access all the good rides up in Marin - the Headlands, Mt. Tam, West Marin, Paradise Loop, etc. A resource I use all the time for routes in the Bay Area is the Velo Girls route list: http://www.velogirls.com/resources/routes.php

On that list there are some routes under "San Francisco and North Bay" that actually start at Sports Basement.

Hope that helps!

2012-01-14 10:18 PM
in reply to: #3975237

User image

Veteran
Bedford, NH
Thanks for the recommendation. I rented a bike there today and had a great ride up mt Tam. Can't beat the weather today, especially compared to NH which is where I live. Makes me want to move back to the bay area.
2012-01-15 9:18 AM
in reply to: #3975203

User image

Extreme Veteran
Detroit, Michigan
LOVE Sports Basement. It's not fair that there are none in Metro Detroit. My s-i-l rented a bike from there for her first tri (Treasure Island) and she and my other s-i-l had to DRAG me out.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Fran Area Bike Rental and Rides Rss Feed