General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Eagleman swim advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-06 6:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Delaware
Subject: Eagleman swim advice
I finally swam a mile this week, and feel more confidant about the race swim. I wondered if anyone had any advice on how to handle wave starts. My only other tri had a first timers wave, and we started last. I've heard horror stories of people being at the back of their wave, getting swam over by all the speedy people of the following waves. I don't fancy getting knocked around every eight minutes until I finally finish, and I don't think it will help my stroke or confidence either. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2006-05-06 6:37 PM
in reply to: #416657

Champion
South Jersey
Subject: RE: Eagleman swim advice
Well, you won't be getting trampled on every eight minutes as the waves that follow you would have thinned out a little by the time they reach you. I was in one of the first two waves in all the races I've done so far and honestly and I never even noticed the other waves coming up behind me (or over me). One race I did only had 2 minutes between each wave and I could sense a few mins into the swim that more people were starting to pass me, but that was the only time I ever noticed anything...and, it wasn't even that bad. I just noticed people passing, and that was it.

You'll be fine. No worries.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Eagleman swim advice Rss Feed