General Discussion Race Reports! » Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cincinnati, Ohio
United States
54F / 12C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 38m 11s
Overall Rank = 154/4378
Age Group = M25-29
Age Group Rank = 18/173
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 3am and drove to Cincinnati at 335am. I got there around 5am and meandered over to the start area for tthe 6am start. I did a little light stretching, but not too much because I don't normally stretch when I work out other times...I know I probably should, though.

Calories: 1840

Laps: 7:17 - 7:06 - 7:23 - 7:09 - 7:11 - 7:49 - 8:03 - 8:04 - 7:12 - 7:49 - 6:58 - 6:59 - 7:04
Event warmup:

light stretching. I took a gel about 20mintues before the start time.
Run
  • 1h 38m 11s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a good run. I am very please with my time. I ran the Cowtown 1/2 marathon in Fort Worth last year in 1:42:00, and that course was flat, so I'm quite pleased with the interval improvement since that time.
Post race
Warm down:

stopped running and told myself I didn't really ever want to run that far again. I usually go through a short phase like that at the end of most of my races. I think it's the pain I feel at the end of the race. I feel pain during the race, but I don't dwell on it, since I'm accomplishing something. It's only when I hurt and am accomplishing nothing (like at the end of the race) that I think like that. Fortunately, it only lasts at most an hour or so.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I don't know. I could probably use some track work. I really don't know, though. It seems like I am kind of unable to consistently break below a 7:00/mi pace. I don't know what it takes to get there, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I had a great time.

Event comments:

This is a great race. It had plenty of volunteers, good traffic control, good pre-race and post-race activities, and they had plenty of spectators along most of the race course. Very motivating.

Last updated: 2006-04-29 12:00 AM
Running
01:38:11 | 13.1 miles | 07m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 18/173
Overall: 154/4378
Performance: Good
I would have had HR data, but I think my HRM strap was a little loose, so it slid down within the first mile. I decided it would slow me down too much and use too much energy to mess with it, so I slid it down to my waist and left it there for the race.
Course: moderately hilly, with one of the hills being about 1-2mi long. I kind of wanted to stop running on it, but I kept telling myself (lying to myself) that it would be flat just over that hill if I kept running. It was never flat "just over the next hill." But, it worked, I kept running.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-05-07 9:42 PM

User image

Subject: Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon

2006-05-08 5:50 AM
in reply to: #417197

User image

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon
Great Race!
2006-05-09 6:22 PM
in reply to: #417197

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon

WOW I can't imagine being that fast!!!  Glad you had a good time too   ANy tri ins KY?  Hoe things are good -SMO

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon Rss Feed