General Discussion Triathlon Talk » toe numbness when riding Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-18 9:16 AM

Subject: toe numbness when riding

I'm 46, rode a lot as a kid, and off and on over the years.  I started riding more seriously for fitness with tri's in mind about 5 mos. ago, first on MTB, then an old school roadie, and finally my new entry level road bike.

The problem is, every ride, no matter which bike, road or dirt, my toes on both feet start getting numb after 20-30min., and remain numb until I get off the bike. Initially, I thought it was my seat, but my new road bike has the best seat and overall fit I've owned and the problem persists. During my most recent ride I noticed a slight numbness in my right knee that seemed to stop as my toes started numbing on both feet. I tried moving toes around a little while riding but that didn't seem to change anything. The only adjustment I've tried is moving my cleats all the back on the shoe. This may have been a slight improvement but difficult to tell yet after only two short rides.

Fortunately, it's not pain, so it does not keep me from riding, but with hopes of finding the most comfort possible on the bike, i would like to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2012-01-18 3:10 PM
in reply to: #3996921

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ
Subject: RE: toe numbness when riding
I have not experienced this (except when it's really cold) but I did see a set of Metatarsal pads at my LBS. The guy said they were to prevent numbness int he toes by spreading out the metatarsals, You put them in your bike shoes. Might help ?
2012-01-23 11:05 AM
in reply to: #3997921

Subject: RE: toe numbness when riding

Thanks.

Sounds like a cheap experiment.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » toe numbness when riding Rss Feed