of 5

2012-01-31 7:23 PM
in reply to: #4021889

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Garmin 910xt
mindy00 - 2012-01-31 5:06 PM
bzgl40 - 2012-01-31 5:55 PM

mindy00 - 2012-01-31 3:48 PM has anyone tried to change the wristband or know how to do it? i'd like to see if my velcro one i used will fit on it, but i can't even figure out how to get the pin out on the band it came with... 

I have the quick release for the 910 and the velcro one will NOT work.  and that makes sense really.  that velcro one wouldn't work as well in the water and trying to get the wetsuit off, etc etc.  The new 910 strap is more comfortable then the 305 velcro one IMO.  I hated the regular 305 strap and this one is way better.  Oh, and it takes two screw drivers (that come with the kit) to take off the straps.  Annoying.

i have incredibly small wrists and the band that comes with it simply makes it almost unusable for me. pictures here: http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=422394&start=1

i was hoping the velcro band would make it fit better like it helped for my 405. 

anyways, are the two screw drivers just two mini screwdrivers like they use to repair eyeglasses?

They are just mini screwdrivers but I never had ones for eye glasses so I can't compare.  Post a picture of the 405 strap (I assume it is not like the 305) and I can give you an idea if it will fit or not

2012-02-20 3:41 PM
in reply to: #4013856

User image

Veteran
North Bend, WA
michael_runs - 2012-01-27 6:43 AM

Took the 910xt out for the first swim this morning.  It was almost 100% accurate.  I did my workout as follows:

Press start to start the workout.
Press lap when done with first interval and rest.
Press lap again when starting next interval.
Press lap again when done with interval and rest.
Press stop when done with workout.

All of this was 100% accurate and Garmin Connect measures the rest intervals as rest.

On my last interval I wanted to try something different to see what would happen.  So I swam a few laps and then rested without pressing lap.  I then did one last lap.  The device did record the rest period as part of the interval (expected), but for some reason it then measured 2 more laps (1 backstroke and 1 freestyle) instead of what I really did for my last lap - just a single freestyle lap.

I think I will stick with the recommended pressing of lap any time I need to rest at the wall.

Thanks for the details - I have been trying to go without hitting the lap button cause I thought it was cool that it registered the rest...PLUS the interval screen showing my lap time stays present on the screen for more than 10 seconds..so if my send off for the next lap is 5 or 10 seconds - I can't see when to go...(anal I know - I can look up at the wall clock to see 5/10 seconds

I figured I was just a wonky swimmer - when I don't hit the lap button - I have had it count me doing a lap in about half my normal time - which is nice for my avg pace but not really helping me.  It's like it gets confused with my weird freestyle strokes.

Ann

2012-02-20 4:40 PM
in reply to: #4057079

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Arkansas
stampinann - 2012-02-20 3:41 PM
michael_runs - 2012-01-27 6:43 AM

Took the 910xt out for the first swim this morning.  It was almost 100% accurate.  I did my workout as follows:

Press start to start the workout.
Press lap when done with first interval and rest.
Press lap again when done with interval and rest.
Press stop when done with workout.

All of this was 100% accurate and Garmin Connect measures the rest intervals as rest.

On my last interval I wanted to try something different to see what would happen.  So I swam a few laps and then rested without pressing lap.  I then did one last lap.  The device did record the rest period as part of the interval (expected), but for some reason it then measured 2 more laps (1 backstroke and 1 freestyle) instead of what I really did for my last lap - just a single freestyle lap.

I think I will stick with the recommended pressing of lap any time I need to rest at the wall.

Thanks for the details - I have been trying to go without hitting the lap button cause I thought it was cool that it registered the rest...PLUS the interval screen showing my lap time stays present on the screen for more than 10 seconds..so if my send off for the next lap is 5 or 10 seconds - I can't see when to go...(anal I know - I can look up at the wall clock to see 5/10 seconds

I figured I was just a wonky swimmer - when I don't hit the lap button - I have had it count me doing a lap in about half my normal time - which is nice for my avg pace but not really helping me.  It's like it gets confused with my weird freestyle strokes.

Ann

I have tried both methods but have had more accurate results by using the lap button when I'm done with each portion of a set. When I don't use the lap button it tends to count an extra length now and then, for some reason - perhaps the movement during a rest, such as turning around. I'm not sure but it has been between 50-150 yards over a session. When I've used the lap button it's almost always dead on. 

The 15 second lap notice is irritating as well. I tried to set it lower but that's the lowest setting. I think you can turn it off but I like the notice, just not the length of it.

Edited by RazorTri 2012-02-20 4:41 PM
2012-02-20 10:08 PM
in reply to: #4005255

User image

Extreme Veteran
I had my first swim with the 910xt today and I'm very impressed...  I just wish I could swim a lot further to push the device.  I swam a total of 700 yards today (100, 200 and a bunch of 50's) and it was always accurate on distance.  It was pretty interesting to see that I average 11 strokes per length (25 yards) and had a SWOLF score of 35 (38 swim efficiency).  I'm not sure how to read these numbers, my focus over the next few weeks will be just adding distance.  I'm setting up a coaching session or two to ensure I'm not dramatically screwing anything up that will slow me down.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 910xt Rss Feed  

of 5