Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Swim Coach Needed Chatham Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-29 3:49 PM

New user

Subject: Swim Coach Needed Chatham Area
Looking for a good swim coach in the Chatham area (I swim @ the YMCA).  Couple years in Tri and swim like a log - need help.  Very fit just no technique / background at all.

2012-01-29 4:43 PM
in reply to: #4017294

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Subject: RE: Swim Coach Needed Chatham Area

Have you tried the masters program out in Blenheim?  I heard the Pool Sharks coach is coaching that program as well.... I know you have a Y membership - but going out there every now and again might help?  They do have drop in rates.

I know a couple people that coach or used to coach.  I'll pm you.

2012-02-01 8:00 PM

User image

On Monday nights at the Y they have drop in lessons for adults. I haven't tried these myself, so I have no idea whether these are "help you get off the sinking ship and back to shore" type lessons or lessons that would actually improve technique and speed. But the Masters hours in Blenheim don't work for me, and I have been seriously considering trying the Monday night lesson at the Y as an alternative.

My other tip is to swim in the early morning when the Pool Sharks do, and try to eavesdrop.  

2012-02-06 10:48 AM

User image

Sarnia

It would be a bit of a hike (45-50 mins) but in Marysville, MIchigan there is an excellent tri coach who does group swimming lessons pertinent to triathlon training.  I have been singing her praises since I started 5 weeks ago.  Current session is ending soon but another one will start up almost right away (sometime in March).

Joanne

2012-02-07 8:08 PM

User image

Chatham Ontario

Loaring Physio group in windsor offers some coaching and they often do weekend events that included Swimming, biking and running options. Coaching in all of them. With training tips and swim analysis.

Blenheim is worth the drive for some drop in classes. It is how I started. I swim at the Y on my own without a coach that is. I know I need improvements and Carrie had a good idea for listening in and watching as well.

This might sound silly but when I first started I was watching Youtube videos of swimmers and to be honest it really helped me a lot.

See if you can get a friend or a family member to shoot some video of you swimming at the YMCA and compare it to the youtube videos.

Michigan is probably more like a 75 min hike from Chatham.

You could also go to London and have the guys at Multisport who have an endless pool look at you.

Personally I am cheap and would rather invest money into other places. If you can make Blenheim times I say do that.

Don't worry I still a total newbie at this too. And I need to get back to swimming more then once every other week. But the Y has been so darn busy this last month it drives me nuts.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Swim Coach Needed Chatham Area Rss Feed