General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer tire question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-30 1:29 AM

New user
Bonney Lake
Subject: Trainer tire question

This might be a crazy question but I am baffled by my issue.

I ride a lot of my rides on my trainer in my garage. My problem is that for no real reason my back tire goes flat. I pump it up and into the ride it goes flat. I have changed the tire and tube and still have the issue. I have put soap water around the valve to be sure its not leaking and I am good. Does anyone else have this issue? I think it might be cold to hot, but my wife rides with me and she does not have the same problem. Any advice would be great.

2012-01-30 5:30 AM
in reply to: #4017938

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: RE: Trainer tire question
Did you check or replace your rim strip? Seems like yoir issue should have been solved with the replacement tube and tire. I had a similar issue with phantom flats on my hybrid and the replacement strip solved my problems. Schwalbe makes a great strip and Amazon carries them. Ive also used Velox mtb width cloth strips but prefer the Schwalbes now.
2012-01-30 6:12 AM

New user
Bonney Lake
Good point. I will take a look and change it out. Never thought about it before you brought it up. Thanks.
2012-01-30 11:54 AM

User image

Rim tape and also check for an oversized valve hole. After you change out the rim tape, if it's still happening, see if the holes are showing up within about an inch of the valve.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer tire question Rss Feed