US Road Sports & Entertainment of Florida, LLC
76F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 3h 45m 17s
Overall Rank = 555/3943
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 94/443
Pre-race routine:

got to race a little early, had to go met friends to pick up our race packet from them. normal gel before and water.
Event warmup:

walking with a little stretching before getting into corral
Run
  • 3h 45m 17s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 08m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

The biggest thing was the food, I think. first thing was they said food was at mile 7-8 and again at 22. planed things out to where I could make it to them, well at the first station where there should have been gels NO NOTHING !!! Really ! I know they couldnt had been out , not that many people surly grabbed everything. and to be putting on both races at the same time , why not have another after the half split before mile 22. it could have been put on so much better. water tables was every mile, that was nice. reminded me more of the HIM or IM course and it was a good thing with the higher temps and humidity.
What would you do differently?:

Not believe what they say about the food stations, never seen such a poor aid tables put on from such a big race. Have seen much smaller well stocked table, for the money it should have been much much better
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing it was me not being prepared for the worse.

Event comments:

It was a big race turned average with how it was run. Why people would come from all over for this I have no Idea. except it was Miami which dont do much for most of us living in the rest of FL. Good day with friends, least that happened well. Miami can keep its "Miami Famous" from here on out !!

Last updated: 2011-11-09 12:00 AM
Running
03:45:17 | 26.2 miles | 08m 36s  min/mile
Age Group: 94/443
Overall: 555/3943
Performance: Average
10k-48:19, 1/2- 1:41:02, 30K- 2:25:42
Course: Really thought Miami would have a better course, wanted to do this race for a few years and was disappointed really. Did have its moments but the majority was dull, with bad roads. Most of all the roads had a bad canter to it, had to either run on the shoulder or right up on the cone to find flat ground.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-01-30 6:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Cape Coral, FL , Florida
Subject: ING Miami Marathon

2012-01-30 7:50 PM
in reply to: #4019592

User image

Subject: RE: ING Miami Marathon
bummer ... I hadn't heard that about the gels. I didn't get a chance to run this year because I was busy but I'm reading the reviews since it's my home town race. Last year the start was ridiculously badly organized and I think they improved on that but no nutrition on the course is not good.
2012-01-31 7:29 AM
in reply to: #4019592

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: ING Miami Marathon

The start was surprisingly smooth, even for corral F!

I was stunned that there was such little nutrition on course. I couldn't even find what they had planned for nutrition until I picked up my packet, so I just carried all the food I thought I'd need.

It was SO HUMID! But luckily, the sun didn't peek out from behind the clouds until well into the afternoon. 

Sorry you were disappointed with the race...

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » ING Miami Marathon Rss Feed