General Discussion Race Reports! » NorthEast MultiSport Indoor Time Trial at Goodales Bike Shop Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

NorthEast MultiSport Indoor Time Trial at Goodales Bike Shop - CycleTime Trial

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Nashua, New Hampshire
United States
NorthEast MultiSport
Total Time = 16m 7s
Overall Rank = 3/75
Age Group = M30-39
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

At Goodale's from 7:45 on helping set things up and working on the leader-board during the day, then waiting until my heat at 2:40
Bike
  • 16m 7s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 23.12 mile/hr
Comments:

I surprised myself with the power I was able to hold for this TT. With my focus on the Boston Marathon, I've only been biking about two hours a week for the last three months. I knew my FTP had dropped by at least 10%, and I was shooting for around 315-320 watts.

I decided to target 330 watts and see what would happen. I ended up at 336 watts according to my powertap and 329 watts on the computrainer. I'm pretty happy with that output.

I was pretty steady throughout the TT - 337 watts for the first 10 minutes, then 335 for the last 6 minutes.

I missed out on the top spot by 30 seconds, but I'm fine with that. 3rd place isn't bad with virtually no bike time for three months!
What would you do differently?:

Obviously more time on the trainer, but running has taken priority.
Post race
Event comments:

I guess I'm a bit biased, but for our first year event, the TT went extremely smoothly. It was a fun experience to help get sponsorship for the event, and all the racers I talked to had only positive things to say. It was a fun day, and next year we're looking to add another 4 computrainers per heat to get a total of 120 participants.

Last updated: 2011-12-18 12:00 AM
Biking
00:16:07 | 06.21 miles | 23.12 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/75
Performance: Good
Avg HR: 174
Wind:
Course: Central Park loop on computrainers
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2012-02-01 9:33 PM

User image

Master
Bedford, MA
Subject: NorthEast MultiSport Indoor Time Trial at Goodales Bike Shop
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » NorthEast MultiSport Indoor Time Trial at Goodales Bike Shop Rss Feed