Other Resources My Cup of Joe » I wish Desoto Sport would get back to being awesome again. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2012-03-29 7:47 AM
in reply to: #4035030

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: I wish Desoto Sport would get back to being awesome again.

This is the kind of service that turns people into customers for sure.  Unbelievable.  Thanks to the folks over at DeSoto for being so open...and taking everyones opinions seriously. 

Love this triathlon community.

2012-11-15 2:39 PM
in reply to: #4036838

New user

Thanks for your kind words again. I think we have found a secret ambassador Smile

Founder of ashmei

2013-06-08 4:10 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

San Diego
Hi Karen-

I wanted to let you know that I took your advice and we re-designed our long distance short and I've included a link here so you can see for yourself, same pad but entirely different short. I hope you'll give it a try.

http://www.desotosport.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=...

You can still fold over the top, if you like but we've taken your comments and hopefully made a much better long distance tri short!
2013-06-09 10:56 AM
in reply to: tracydesoto

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by tracydesoto Hi Karen- I wanted to let you know that I took your advice and we re-designed our long distance short and I've included a link here so you can see for yourself, same pad but entirely different short. I hope you'll give it a try. http://www.desotosport.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_C... You can still fold over the top, if you like but we've taken your comments and hopefully made a much better long distance tri short!

This looks promising!
How is this pad compared to the 400-mile short? I've done 2 IMs in the 400-mile shorts and then when I went to buy a new pair for this time around I am suddenly way more uncomfortable (I did size "up", not sure if that's the difference?). Thinking of trying these out but wondering how the pad compares... 

2013-06-09 4:56 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL

Saw this thread pop up again and had to add my experience.

Sent my wife's 400 shorts back because the pad had come delaminated from the shorts, causing them to bunch up.  Desoto fixed them for free and are sending them back.  Great customer service.

2013-06-10 11:55 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by tracydesoto Hi Karen- I wanted to let you know that I took your advice and we re-designed our long distance short and I've included a link here so you can see for yourself, same pad but entirely different short. I hope you'll give it a try. http://www.desotosport.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_C... You can still fold over the top, if you like but we've taken your comments and hopefully made a much better long distance tri short!

I really like the look of these - thank you for taking the comments and putting them into your new design, I'll be ordering a pair soon. 

2013-06-11 9:31 AM

User image

Champion
Brandon, MS

Cool thread, and also why I think DeSoto is a pretty cool company.

I bought a pair of low cut tri shorts and a wetsuit from them back in 2008.  Only reason I'm not a repeat customer is because they're both still in awesome shape.  Wish I could say the same for myself!

2013-06-13 9:25 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Originally posted by lisac957

This looks promising!
How is this pad compared to the 400-mile short? I've done 2 IMs in the 400-mile shorts and then when I went to buy a new pair for this time around I am suddenly way more uncomfortable (I did size "up", not sure if that's the difference?). Thinking of trying these out but wondering how the pad compares... 

Quoting myself here, but I ordered these the other day and did my first ride in them today. They pretty much rock! They are definitely "compression" style - TIGHT. But they feel good. I'm probably smack in between sizes and went with the smaller size knowing I'll drop a few pounds before my big race - and am pleased that they seem fairly forgiving.

Not sure I can see myself folding the top down as that would put them super low, like booty crack showing low, but it's pretty cool that it's an option. 

Based on a short ride, I recommend! Doing a long (5 1/2 hour) ride this weekend; will report back if my opinion drastically changes.

Thanks DeSoto!

2013-06-14 9:08 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by tracydesoto

Hi Karen-

I wanted to let you know that I took your advice and we re-designed our long distance short and I've included a link here so you can see for yourself, same pad but entirely different short. I hope you'll give it a try.

http://www.desotosport.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=...

You can still fold over the top, if you like but we've taken your comments and hopefully made a much better long distance tri short!

Terrific! Thank you so much!

De Soto really is a great company! I was just talking to someone the other day about how your tri shorts are the only ones we will buy. The lack of leg grippers rocks! My legs don't look like sausages in your shorts! I also like that there isn't a seam up the crotch.

Edited by KSH 2013-06-14 9:08 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » I wish Desoto Sport would get back to being awesome again. Rss Feed  

of 4