General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2012-07-19 10:36 AM
in reply to: #4313680

User image

Expert
WA
Subject: RE: Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens : Official Thread

magic - 2012-07-15 9:07 PM I had my Contour Roam camera with on the bike, cobbled together a quick video of T1, the first 5 mins and then back into T2. I have on the course video too, but it kinda boring. https://vimeo.com/45839214Will cross post in the general forum, kinda fun to watch.

Thanks for posting this vid.  I haven't watched it yet, but my wife is looking forward to watching it!

2012-07-19 11:23 AM
in reply to: #4319347

User image

Extreme Veteran
spie34 - 2012-07-18 11:02 PM

I thought overall the bike course was a whole lot of fun even though I didn't think I even really trained for hills but I guess i did because I climbed the hills fairly well or so I thought.

The bike course was definitely a blast, but challenging for those of us who didn't prep for rolling hills. I get plenty hills of around Seattle, but it is mostly just single climbs, not the rolling hills like Lake Stevens. There were some places that were an absolute blast on the bike also. On one downhill I hit 55mph, which is pretty crazy. A girl I was riding with for about 15 miles (we always stayed in contact, but obviously not drafting) would pull ahead of me on the uphills then I would blow by her on the downhills and usually the "flats". Eventually she dropped me as I started to conserve for the run, which I'm now thinking was a mistake because I had plenty of gas, but my foot issues held me back from running faster.
2012-07-19 11:58 AM
in reply to: #4319347

User image

Expert

magic - 2012-07-16 7:34 PM
corey.spencer - 2012-07-16 7:12 PM

Hey Magic,

Just watched ur video of the race (pretty sweet)!!  And by the way, one of those butts you were trying to squeeze by out of T1 was me (guy in the yellow/white/grey trisuit)!!  Pretty funny to see myself on there!!  Even saw a quick view of my wife as you were coming into T2!!  Hope you had a good race?!  I did for my first 70.3!!!

Take care!

Corey

Butt cameo! On my way to rack the bike, as I come around the sharp corner in T2 there is a sweet Felt all by its self on the rack, that's a friend's of mine and she was digging on the bike cameo. Sure hope no BT'ers where the flappy jacket or sketchy guys...

I was just ahead of you in the race. Not sure where you caught me on the bike and passed me but I was about a minute faster out to the bike than you but you were 4 minutes faster on the bike than I was.  I kept looking to see if I was in the video or not but didn't see myself. I did see the guy with the yellow flapping jacket and was thinking wtf.  But hey if you haven't raced in bad weather before nor done that distance (which I hadn't either) than I guess you don't know for sure.  

I did see you on the run however and you were hauling . Good job. 

I thought overall the bike course was a whole lot of fun even though I didn't think I even really trained for hills but I guess i did because I climbed the hills fairly well or so I thought.

What do you ride? Make and model, what wheels and what color jersey were you wearing?

I still have all of the video I captured, could be fun to look thru it for you.

I only did 10 swims in the last 12 months... so my swim time suffered.
Just started riding again about 6 weeks ago, so I held back on the bike worried about blowing up.
I've been doing about 6 weeks of intensive run training, none of it over 6 miles. That paid off, I kept finding my self going too easy on the run and had to keep telling my self to pick up the pace. Was able to hold my 5K pace on some of the downhills which was nice.
2012-07-19 12:00 PM
in reply to: #4040361

User image

Veteran
Everett

Can someone explain the results to me?  Our team has a time of 6:50:31 - but it says we finished 9th out of 18 (teams).  But according to the times shown, we finished 13th, not 9th.  Do I just need to be patient?

I'd love to see overall results too (more than the first 140 finishers) so I can see how I did individually compared to everyone else (near the bottom but it always makes me feel a little better knowing that I was faster than xx people...)

2012-07-19 8:57 PM
in reply to: #4320113

User image

Regular
magic - 2012-07-19 9:58 AM

Hey Magic,

Just watched ur video of the race (pretty sweet)!!  And by the way, one of those butts you were trying to squeeze by out of T1 was me (guy in the yellow/white/grey trisuit)!!  Pretty funny to see myself on there!!  Even saw a quick view of my wife as you were coming into T2!!  Hope you had a good race?!  I did for my first 70.3!!!

Take care!

Corey

Butt cameo! On my way to rack the bike, as I come around the sharp corner in T2 there is a sweet Felt all by its self on the rack, that's a friend's of mine and she was digging on the bike cameo. Sure hope no BT'ers where the flappy jacket or sketchy guys...

I was just ahead of you in the race. Not sure where you caught me on the bike and passed me but I was about a minute faster out to the bike than you but you were 4 minutes faster on the bike than I was.  I kept looking to see if I was in the video or not but didn't see myself. I did see the guy with the yellow flapping jacket and was thinking wtf.  But hey if you haven't raced in bad weather before nor done that distance (which I hadn't either) than I guess you don't know for sure.  

What do you ride? Make and model, what wheels and what color jersey were you wearing? I still have all of the video I captured, could be fun to look thru it for you. I only did 10 swims in the last 12 months... so my swim time suffered. Just started riding again about 6 weeks ago, so I held back on the bike worried about blowing up. I've been doing about 6 weeks of intensive run training, none of it over 6 miles. That paid off, I kept finding my self going too easy on the run and had to keep telling my self to pick up the pace. Was able to hold my 5K pace on some of the downhills which was nice.

Look for bib 1001 on the finisher pix. That might be easier for you find me.  But a red stock specialized allez with clip on aero bars, with tribal design red top, arm warmers, and shorts.  

I looked at your first split and noticed you did 8's and then 6's for the second. I think next race I do I am going to try something like that to have a good race.  

I just bought a tri bike last night.  I look all the time but never found a good deal till this one.  Felt b16, with bontrager xxx carbon clinchers, stock wheelset, michelin race tires, aero helmet, look pedals, aero bar water bottle, bike pump etc.  Look at trying to get all that equipment new and separate was about $4k. Paid 1550. So will see how that goes for me in my next half I do.

2012-07-19 8:58 PM
in reply to: #4320122

User image

Regular
Lauralynne - 2012-07-19 10:00 AM

Can someone explain the results to me?  Our team has a time of 6:50:31 - but it says we finished 9th out of 18 (teams).  But according to the times shown, we finished 13th, not 9th.  Do I just need to be patient?

I'd love to see overall results too (more than the first 140 finishers) so I can see how I did individually compared to everyone else (near the bottom but it always makes me feel a little better knowing that I was faster than xx people...)

I'd wait till they come out with the final results.  Or you can use the filter to filter out age groups etc.

2012-07-20 12:24 PM
in reply to: #4313680

User image

Portland, Oregon

magic - 2012-07-16 9:07 AM I had my Contour Roam camera with on the bike, cobbled together a quick video of T1, the first 5 mins and then back into T2. I have on the course video too, but it kinda boring. https://vimeo.com/45839214Will cross post in the general forum, kinda fun to watch.

Thanks for the Video.  You followed me from the bike mount to the last turn onto the main road.  Cool to see.

2012-07-21 9:26 AM
in reply to: #4321178

User image

Expert
spie34 - 2012-07-19 6:57 PM

magic - 2012-07-19 9:58 AM

Hey Magic,

Take care!

Corey

What do you ride? Make and model, what wheels and what color jersey were you wearing? I still have all of the video I captured, could be fun to look thru it for you. I only did 10 swims in the last 12 months... so my swim time suffered. Just started riding again about 6 weeks ago, so I held back on the bike worried about blowing up. I've been doing about 6 weeks of intensive run training, none of it over 6 miles. That paid off, I kept finding my self going too easy on the run and had to keep telling my self to pick up the pace. Was able to hold my 5K pace on some of the downhills which was nice.

Look for bib 1001 on the finisher pix. That might be easier for you find me.  But a red stock specialized allez with clip on aero bars, with tribal design red top, arm warmers, and shorts.  

I looked at your first split and noticed you did 8's and then 6's for the second. I think next race I do I am going to try something like that to have a good race.  

I just bought a tri bike last night.  I look all the time but never found a good deal till this one.  Felt b16, with bontrager xxx carbon clinchers, stock wheelset, michelin race tires, aero helmet, look pedals, aero bar water bottle, bike pump etc.  Look at trying to get all that equipment new and separate was about $4k. Paid 1550. So will see how that goes for me in my next half I do.

Score on the bike

I took a look thru the video I have, don't see you. I was not running the camera for much of the mid part of the course. I started the camera again around the short hill on Woods Creek Road for about the next thirty minutes down course.

2012-07-21 9:28 AM
in reply to: #4322099

User image

Expert
joeyk - 2012-07-20 10:24 AM

magic - 2012-07-16 9:07 AM I had my Contour Roam camera with on the bike, cobbled together a quick video of T1, the first 5 mins and then back into T2. I have on the course video too, but it kinda boring. https://vimeo.com/45839214Will cross post in the general forum, kinda fun to watch.

Thanks for the Video.  You followed me from the bike mount to the last turn onto the main road.  Cool to see.

Cool

I'm thinking of running the camera for all of the bike and run at BLT (Beaver Lake Tri) next month. Might be fun to piece together a video of the two parts. Not quite sure I want to figure out how to mount it for the swim.
2012-07-21 9:38 AM
in reply to: #4323208

User image

Regular

Score on the bike I took a look thru the video I have, don't see you. I was not running the camera for much of the mid part of the course. I started the camera again around the short hill on Woods Creek Road for about the next thirty minutes down course.

OH well that sucks.  Good luck at Beaver Lake tri.

2012-09-11 8:48 AM

Any word on 2013 race date anouncement?

2013-04-14 8:01 PM

User image

Colombia

Im considering myself to join this event, but I would like more info in the bike section. I just watched magic´s video uploaded in Vimeo, cool stuff, but a bit more exact questions:

1. A guy around 2h 30m which speed will reach in downhills? Ive read in some race report it was near 55 mph

2. Percents of slope of hills

3. Saw cars in the left lane, is not close road?

2013-06-15 10:33 PM
in reply to: ironperka

User image

Extreme Veteran
Everyone getting pumped for Lake Stevens? I tweaked my foot (possibly PF) on Tuesday running in SF so I'm taking it easy on the running for a week with lots of ice and stretching. Hopefully it gets worked out pretty quickly.
2013-06-16 12:46 AM
in reply to: PeteDin206

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by PeteDin206

Everyone getting pumped for Lake Stevens? I tweaked my foot (possibly PF) on Tuesday running in SF so I'm taking it easy on the running for a week with lots of ice and stretching. Hopefully it gets worked out pretty quickly.

Bummer about your foot. Same thing happened to me. Slight PF type twinges. I bought a Feetures compression sock as preventative medicine and I'm able to keep running without any pain. Might be worth a try.
2013-06-17 11:42 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by popsracer

Originally posted by PeteDin206

Bummer about your foot. Same thing happened to me. Slight PF type twinges. I bought a Feetures compression sock as preventative medicine and I'm able to keep running without any pain. Might be worth a try.

Saw my podiatrist today. He said it is acute medial plantar inflammation, but the best news was this is way better than true PF... Basically I probably just tweaked it while running and it is inflamed... WIth proper heat, massage, ice and rest I should be good pretty quick (3-5 more days, total of about 10 with no running). Hopefully a 10 day break will also just give my body a rest. I'm running better now than last year even 5-6lbs heavier. The doc said I can still bike and swim so I'll be focusing on that for a few more days.

You racing again?
2013-06-25 12:08 PM

User image

Edmonds
Oh man, getting excited for this years event! Hope to do a pre-ride in the next week or two to see what this course is all about.

2013-06-25 6:01 PM
in reply to: bjgocougs

User image

Extreme Veteran
There is a group of people over on Slowtwitch organizing a ride at 10:30 on July 5th if you are interested. I believe one of the people is actually going out and pre marking the course (turns and such). Everyone is meeting at the library around 10am.
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5