Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor - One World (this better contain spoilers at some point) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2012-05-14 9:46 PM
in reply to: #4208002

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Survivor - One World (this better contain spoilers at some point)
Jtiger - 2012-05-14 6:08 AM

Sabrina shot herself in the foot with the lay low thing.  This jury was made up of people who played the game and didn't want to "lay low" and from what Mike said she didn't do much at camp either.  Not smart. 

Ya, I would not be the "lay low" type. Sometimes I just like to see what will happen. And Jeff said it again... time and time again you have to make big moves to win. Most winners made big moves... sometimes coat tail riders do it, and yes sometimes big moves get you voted off.... but I'm the type to go down in flames. I don't think I have any special skills to say I could win, but I do think I would be entertaining.

I bet it would be so hard in the game thought. I think Kim said it best that she strategized in her head till she wanted to blow... and then the decisions get real hard. It looks so easy from the couch... but I would be so darn paranoid, no sleep, hungry, stressed out... God I would love to play.

2012-05-15 7:00 AM
in reply to: #4209809

Master
Memphis, TN
powerman - 2012-05-14 9:46 PM
Jtiger - 2012-05-14 6:08 AM

Sabrina shot herself in the foot with the lay low thing.  This jury was made up of people who played the game and didn't want to "lay low" and from what Mike said she didn't do much at camp either.  Not smart. 

Ya, I would not be the "lay low" type. Sometimes I just like to see what will happen. And Jeff said it again... time and time again you have to make big moves to win. Most winners made big moves... sometimes coat tail riders do it, and yes sometimes big moves get you voted off.... but I'm the type to go down in flames. I don't think I have any special skills to say I could win, but I do think I would be entertaining.

I bet it would be so hard in the game thought. I think Kim said it best that she strategized in her head till she wanted to blow... and then the decisions get real hard. It looks so easy from the couch... but I would be so darn paranoid, no sleep, hungry, stressed out... God I would love to play.

I agree.  It's very easy to play couch QB in these decisions that we are privy to seeing what the other side is saying but not them at the time.  I can see how all the possibilities could drive you a little bit crazy out there along with the paranoia that comes with it all.  Yet many players want to go back out there. 

2012-05-15 8:07 AM
in reply to: #4209612

User image

Champion
SoCal

jldicarlo - 2012-05-14 5:21 PM I dislike Alicia even more after watching her Ponderosa video....

I just watched them too and wow she is just an annoying immature person. Yes Kat was acting immature in a more youthful way but Alicia is older and still making faces and trying to force issues where she just needs to sit back. "You are ruining MY night" lol get over yourself Alicia. I hope people did give her crap for being such a mean person when she got back home.

2012-05-15 8:31 AM
in reply to: #4209806

User image

Expert
Westchester, NY
I know CBS will bring Colton back for ratings, but I hope they don't.  Despite the fact that he is a rich, gay, white guy in the end all he showed was that he is a BULLY.  With bullying being such a big topic nowadays I'd hate to see CBS reward someone for that type of behavior.
2012-05-15 9:50 AM
in reply to: #4047565

User image

Master
Calgary, AB
Silver member

I don't remember Russell Swan being that good of a player? I know his tribe sort of made him the figure-head leader but it was more as a target than any game skill. Just an odd guy to want to bring back I guess, unlike the guy that fell in the fire (who was a well liked powerhouse)

Chelsea looked far better on the island, Kim looked just as good back in the real world (but in a different way). Alicia definitely was the most cleaned up.

Troyzan was an arrogant braggart - he certainly wasn't that good a player. 

Usually they ask a token question for each of the first-booted, but denied this year! 

2012-05-15 10:02 AM
in reply to: #4210460

Master
Memphis, TN
Khyron - 2012-05-15 9:50 AM

I don't remember Russell Swan being that good of a player? I know his tribe sort of made him the figure-head leader but it was more as a target than any game skill. Just an odd guy to want to bring back I guess, unlike the guy that fell in the fire (who was a well liked powerhouse)

Chelsea looked far better on the island, Kim looked just as good back in the real world (but in a different way). Alicia definitely was the most cleaned up.

Usually they ask a token question for each of the first-booted, but denied this year! 

Troyzan, who I loved, came off a bit bitter.  Someone said he has tried to get on Survivor since the first season and to have a goal that long and not see it to the end seems to have eaten him up. 

2012-05-15 6:58 PM
in reply to: #4210490

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Jtiger - 2012-05-15 10:02 AM

Troyzan, who I loved, came off a bit bitter.  Someone said he has tried to get on Survivor since the first season and to have a goal that long and not see it to the end seems to have eaten him up. 

Troyzan came off very bitter.  I think he thinks his "great gameplay" was figuring out who was on the bottom and trying to convince them that the numbers made sense for them to jump ship.  And he WAS right about that and the folks he was talking to should have jumped ship with him.  And he WAS good at challenges...but his social game was lacking and it did him in.  So he didn't stink entirely.  But I wouldn't go with best player ever either.  He had good strategy plans, just lacked the ability to implement.  And to win the game you need it all!

2012-05-15 9:38 PM
in reply to: #4211747

User image

Elite
jldicarlo - 2012-05-15 5:58 PM

Troyzan came off very bitter.  I think he thinks his "great gameplay" was figuring out who was on the bottom and trying to convince them that the numbers made sense for them to jump ship.  And he WAS right about that and the folks he was talking to should have jumped ship with him.  And he WAS good at challenges...but his social game was lacking and it did him in.  So he didn't stink entirely.  But I wouldn't go with best player ever either.  He had good strategy plans, just lacked the ability to implement.  And to win the game you need it all!

Agreed, he was a strong player... but he never matched his ego. That was apparent from the start.

2012-05-16 7:05 AM
in reply to: #4211747

Master
Memphis, TN
jldicarlo - 2012-05-15 6:58 PM

Agreed.  His excessive celebration when winning immunity I think put the final nail in his coffin as soon as he didn't.  He did give it a good try to persuade others to switch with him but they just didn't take the bait.  It happens but he may have not been very convincing but it also may have been Christina not getting it as others accused her of in the game.  Alicia seemed to change alliances at the drop of a hat. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor - One World (this better contain spoilers at some point) Rss Feed  

of 21