General Discussion Triathlon Talk » GJCC cancelled replaced with Cedars of Lebanon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-16 8:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Murfreesboro, TN
Subject: GJCC cancelled replaced with Cedars of Lebanon

From Team Magic website:

The GJCC Triathlon has been cancelled but has been replaced by a 200 yard swim, 10 mile bike and 2 mile run at the Cedars of Lebanon State Park.

The Cedars of Lebanon Triathlonoriginally scheduled for Sunday, August 5th has been moved to Saturday, May 19th to replace the cancelled GJCC Triathlon.

Note the Cedars of Triathlon race distances have been reduced to be in line with our normal offering for a short-distance early season triathlon in middle Tennessee.

For those looking for an August race with distances similar to the previous Cedars of Lebanon Triathlon, check out our popular sellout Mountain Lakes Triathlon with a 600 yard swim, 16.2 mile bike and 3 mile run.

2012-02-17 9:41 PM
in reply to: #4050471

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: GJCC cancelled replaced with Cedars of Lebanon
WTF? Ok, so did they transfer our race registrations over or refund them? I better not hear that I just ate the cost of two registrations... This is the 2nd time in 4 years that GJCC has cancelled or it's been moved, I think it's time to not have it there any longer..
2012-02-18 4:43 PM

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN

Word on the 'street' is that GJCC is done with.  2nd time in a few years the facility has had issues scheduling the event.  Team Magic pulled the plug on them. 

I suspect that Team Magic will transfer your registrations to another race.  I would expect that they will give you the monetary credit in the form of a coupon code. 

This is still all under development. 

2012-02-19 7:58 PM

Extreme Veteran

Talked to Faye at the Expo and received a response back on their FB page, just have to contact them and they'll transfer. This may actually alleviate my son's fears of a tough bike course, just a deeper pool to swim in, but not a big deal (9 year old son, he's doing it this one solo.. but i'll be "racing" right by his side the entire time). 

Sucks that GJCC has done this again, good location for a race and a great facility..

2012-02-23 10:48 PM

User image

Regular
This is disappointing news.  I was really looking forward to this one as part of my training.
2012-02-25 7:20 PM

Does anyone know about the portion of the bike course from the original Cedars tri that will be used for this event?  I've heard about the rough area that is tough and dangerous for bikes as part of the previous Cedars course, I wonder if they'll cut it out since they don't need as many miles for this event.  Any thoughts?

2012-02-25 8:03 PM
in reply to: #4066426

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN
tntrigirl - 2012-02-25 8:20 PM

Does anyone know about the portion of the bike course from the original Cedars tri that will be used for this event?  I've heard about the rough area that is tough and dangerous for bikes as part of the previous Cedars course, I wonder if they'll cut it out since they don't need as many miles for this event.  Any thoughts?

Yes.  The 'bad' section (which was notoriously overstated) is no longer part of the course.  I believe it is now a two loop 5 mile course.  I seem to recall that being the option they offered in the end of year survey. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » GJCC cancelled replaced with Cedars of Lebanon Rss Feed