Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-02-17 7:41 AM
in reply to: #4051477

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro
Subject: RE: ethical dilemna

Nothing new from me.  I'd have no problem taking care of my own condition, and I have no control over the supply.

2012-02-17 7:44 AM

User image

Find out where her desk is.
Stand on her desk and urinate on her forehead.
Now that you have her complete and undivided attention tell her that didn't happen to anyone who minded their own business.

Hey, it's an idea

2012-02-17 7:55 AM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
F! that old lady. I have no problems taking care of you own condition and you should do whats best for you, no moral or ethical dilemna IMHO. Its not your fault the drug companies havent made enough for everyone.
2012-02-17 8:30 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

She is a moron.

I agree with all the above, you are taking medication for an illness that appears "invisible" to many outsiders.  Unfortunately, when someone "looks" healthy the uninformed idiots of the world so not uncerstand that they still have a chronic and debillitating condition.  You were wise to walk away.....saying anything could have been ugly.

2012-02-17 8:43 AM
in reply to: #4052414

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

DanielG - 2012-02-17 7:44 AM Find out where her desk is. Stand on her desk and urinate on her forehead. Now that you have her complete and undivided attention tell her that didn't happen to anyone who minded their own business. Hey, it's an idea

Oooooh - do this one!!! I like this one best for someone who is a complete busybody and has no business saying something so horrifically offensive to a complete stranger. 

2012-02-17 9:07 AM

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether

Alright now that everyone hes thoroughly demonized the other lady I am going to go with:

Yes she was wrong to say what she did and you have no reason not to take the medication you need.  That being said you have no idea why she would say such a thing or what is going on that she felt she needed to speak up.  Yes maybe she is an insufferable busybody but maybe she has a child or grandchild or some such dying from cancer.  Let it go and give her the benefit of the doubt that she is in some form of emotional distress.   It makes no difference to her you won't see here again but it is better than being angry at some random stranger.  People rarely hurt you just to be mean they do it because they are blinded by their own lives. Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by duress (or stupidity).

2012-02-17 9:29 AM

User image

Champion
Calgary
No I have not heard about the shortage.

That lady was a nut.

To me it would be an ethical dilemma (or dilemna, I guess depending on what part of the US or the rest of the world you were raised, I find this weird). But there is a lot that goes with that. Couple factors that leap to mind are:

1. the amount you use in relation to the amount a child uses;
2. the amount all RA sufferers use related to the amount all children use;
3. the (presumed) rather small difference you would make should you not take your drugs.

I am not big on the power of one to make change (eat ethically, recycle etc.) Drop in a bucket I feel.

Assuming 3. above I would feel no guilt in taking it.

2012-02-17 9:40 AM
in reply to: #4052638

User image

trinnas - 2012-02-17 10:07 AM

Alright now that everyone hes thoroughly demonized the other lady I am going to go with:

Yes she was wrong to say what she did and you have no reason not to take the medication you need.  That being said you have no idea why she would say such a thing or what is going on that she felt she needed to speak up.  Yes maybe she is an insufferable busybody but maybe she has a child or grandchild or some such dying from cancer.  Let it go and give her the benefit of the doubt that she is in some form of emotional distress.   It makes no difference to her you won't see here again but it is better than being angry at some random stranger.  People rarely hurt you just to be mean they do it because they are blinded by their own lives. Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by duress (or stupidity).

Irrelevant. Proper manners in public is not changed by one's own circumstances. It's tacky to take out your frustrations on strangers. That others do it is not an excuse.

2012-02-17 9:44 AM
in reply to: #4052744

User image

Champion
DanielG - 2012-02-17 10:40 AM

Irrelevant. Proper manners in public is not changed by one's own circumstances. It's tacky to take out your frustrations on strangers. That others do it is not an excuse.

So you go ahead and waste your energy being hacked of at someone who probably has their own problems instead of letting it go.  The only one hurt by you being hacked off is you.

2012-02-17 9:46 AM
in reply to: #4052767

User image

trinnas - 2012-02-17 10:44 AM

So you go ahead and waste your energy being hacked of at someone who probably has their own problems instead of letting it go.  The only one hurt by you being hacked off is you.

???

I couldn't care less and similar has happened to me. Weird assumption on your part, there, though.

2012-02-17 9:51 AM
in reply to: #4052772

User image

Champion
DanielG - 2012-02-17 10:46 AM

??? I couldn't care less and similar has happened to me. Weird assumption on your part, there, though.

You may not have been a wholly appropriate pronoun.  I have stated the person was wrong I simply find my life more pleasant if I stop thinking people are just jerks and give them some leeway in reasoning if not behavior.

2012-02-17 9:59 AM
in reply to: #4052792

User image

trinnas - 2012-02-17 10:51 AM

DanielG - 2012-02-17 10:46 AM

??? I couldn't care less and similar has happened to me. Weird assumption on your part, there, though.

You may not have been a wholly appropriate pronoun.  I have stated the person was wrong I simply find my life more pleasant if I stop thinking people are just jerks and give them some leeway in reasoning if not behavior.

Ahh, the royal "you" Got it.

Disregard my comment, then

2012-02-17 10:21 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-02-17 10:37 AM

Buttercup

Young lady, you will pick up that pitchfork and elevate your outrage and like it!

Hey, Kate. Will I see you at the ultra iron race next week? Hope you can stop by and say howdy.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » ethical dilemna Rss Feed  

of 2