General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriSwimCoach vs TI DVD's Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-23 7:13 PM

Malvern, PA
Subject: TriSwimCoach vs TI DVD's

I am looking for ways to improve my swim.  My fitness is good and I am fine on the bike and improving and certainly MOP on the run.

I have signed up for some classes at the Y but I know my swim technique is bad.  I can swim indefinitely but at only about 2:30/100m.

I have heard good things about TI, but I also noticed this http://www.triswimcoach.com/, which coincidentally is an advertiser of this forum.

Has anyone checked out both of these programs so you can give me your honest opinion of what the pro's/con's of each one are?

2012-02-24 8:40 AM
in reply to: #4063599

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sunny San Diego
Subject: RE: TriSwimCoach vs TI DVD's
I have the TI DVD and I like it. From what I've seen, Triswimcoach "borrows" many of TI drills. So IMO you can't go wrong with either one.

I took a swimming class at a community college and the instructor wasn't a TI coach but taught all the same drills as the TI DVD. It was very helpful to have someone watch my form. What we think we do and what we actually do can be very different.
2012-02-24 10:06 AM
in reply to: #4063599

User image

Subject: RE: TriSwimCoach vs TI DVD's

We did the TI DVD and thought it was interesting. My speed hasn't really improved but I do feel like I am more efficient. I just recently looked at the triswimcoach dvd and thought it had some real value that might add to TI. If it really does the same drills as TI I would go with that as I know it has more about tri strategy, bi-lateral breating and such.

ETA:If you do end up getting the triswimcoach dvd it would be interesting to hear Your opinion.

Edited by johnyutah5 2012-02-24 10:06 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriSwimCoach vs TI DVD's Rss Feed