General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LA Fitness Pool length Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-10 11:24 AM

Indianapolis
Subject: LA Fitness Pool length
I have asked personnel at LA Fitness on Southport Rd in Indianapolis if they knew the length of the pool.  No one seems to know.  They told me "maybe 28 to 30 meters".  Does anyone know the length of their pool.  I seem to think that it might be 25 meters, but I'm not sure.  Thanks!

2012-03-12 2:15 PM
in reply to: #4089889

Indianapolis
Subject: RE: LA Fitness Pool length
I am answering my own question.  It is 25 meters long.  Someone from corporate LA Fitness finally emailed me. 
2012-04-27 2:16 PM
in reply to: #4089889

Veteran
Its a 25 YARD pool. Its not really all that important unless you're training for a specific distance. You'll want to add about 100 yards every 1,000 yards to get closer to  correct meterage. For example, say you're training for a 70.3 and you want to time your 2k  meter swim. 40 laps in the LA Fitness pool will equal 2,000 yards, but only about 1600 meters. 44 laps will yield a more accurate estimation.
2021-04-22 10:40 AM
in reply to: cheavrin

This was my issue last month, the salesman told me the range of the length but not the exact measurement. It make me annoyed since they are of training in this kind of work. They should know every small details. I complained with their manager and got the exact answer.
Nice to see that there is a forum like this that many members want to help.
2021-04-22 3:09 PM
in reply to: leslienicholegg91

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by leslienicholegg91 This was my issue last month, the salesman told me the range of the length but not the exact measurement. It make me annoyed since they are of training in this kind of work. They should know every small details. I complained with their manager and got the exact answer. Nice to see that there is a forum like this that many members want to help.

So...I did my first swim since moving to Houston two months ago at the Elderidge LA fitness.  Then I swam at the Cypress Springs LA Fitness on Tuesday of this week and at the Westheimer LA Fitness Yesterday.  I was surprised by how different each of these pools was.   The first pool had water puddled up on the deck that was really cold and when I got into the pool it wasn't much warmer.  The pool seemed to be a bit on the cloudy side and I felt like I was in a very ghetto pool.  The second pool had sidewalk mats all around it walking in barefooted the ward dry surface was much more inviting.  The last pool had a hot tub at the end of it and walking into that pool It felt like a sauna and the water was probably 10 deg warmer than what I swam in the first pool. The last pool had huge paintings of swimmers on the walls and overall it was a more inviting place to swim.  So...yes they were all 25 yds, but if the management is so different from facility to facility in the same town I wouldn't expect any more uniformity in the training of their staff.  If one staff member doesn't know the answer find another one.  Someone will know but they aren't all experts in every section of the gym.  I am just glad that I have access to a pool near all three of the locations that I frequent during a workweek.  25 yards with lane lines is much better than the 15 yeard pool without lane lines that I had where I previously lived.  :-)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LA Fitness Pool length Rss Feed