General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Don't think being involved with BT or Jorge can make you faster? Think again Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-14 3:24 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: Don't think being involved with BT or Jorge can make you faster? Think again

I am sure many of you have already had this experience but I wanted to share my enthusiasm with any newbie, to encourage them to stay active on this board and do jorges plan.

I did my first outdoor ride today since my October 2nd HIM.  In that race the hills and being undertrained (for a multitude of reasons)really took their toll on me and the clock and even though I finished , i was really slow on the bike and vowed to not let that happen again!

I did a 2:28 ride averaging 18 mph for about 45 miles, and got off the bike with my legs feeling great and really refreshed!!!!(iknow now I could even push harder next time out!)) I know it may not seem fast (especially to some of you on this board)but I had many times I had to come to a complete stop at stop  lights/stop signs, slowdowns going through some mainstreets so my average would have been even higher in a race situation.Plus compared to March of 2011 it is not even a comparison. I was planning a 3 hr ride but due to family issue had to stop short, next time)  So essentially I am way ahead of schedule compared to last year at this time and being only 2 months from my next HIM..maybe I can get a sub 6hr HIM

I owe my gains to jorges plan and the advice on BT....I added a ton of intervals and realy pushed myself this winter and really am starting to see the gains.... So even though I am nowhere near Lieto fast....its feels great to see improvements, and those dank hours in the basement have payed off!!!

Thanks Jorge and the input here on BT.......I will still be hitting everyone up for more info though lolSmile

2012-03-14 3:31 PM
in reply to: #4096448

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-03-14 3:41 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Don't think being involved with BT or Jorge can make you faster? Think again

That's really awesome and great to hear! I don't know where you live, but around these here hills, 18mph on a solo ride is a pretty respectable pace.

You must be so pumped to race this season. Good luck!

And don't listen to the Trekkies.  You'd have been even faster on a Scott  

2012-03-14 4:26 PM
in reply to: #4096462

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Don't think being involved with BT or Jorge can make you faster? Think again
FoggyGoggles - 2012-03-14 3:31 PM

Imagine how fast you would have been on a Trek!

In all seriousness, Jorge provides a good plan. BT provides good support and information. But it's you that put in the work. Congrats!

Ha! +1  

As for the OP, I too have been following Jorge's winter cycling plan, and it's definitely helped my bike a lot!

2012-03-14 6:53 PM

Master
That's a solid pace! If I average 18-19mph for 90 mins on a flat course with about 4-5 stoplights but otherwise pretty bike-friendly territory, it translates in to a 23mph bike split for an Oly tri using a TT bike. Good work!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Don't think being involved with BT or Jorge can make you faster? Think again Rss Feed