General Discussion Race Reports! » Bendigo Triathlon Club 2011-12 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Bendigo Triathlon Club 2011-12 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships) - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Bendigo, Victoria
Australia
Bendigo Triathlon Club
16.7C / 62F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 50m
Overall Rank = 52/54
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Organised my gear the night before and got up at 5.30am. Hydrated right up till 7am. Got there early to register and set up my transition area.
Event warmup:

Light stretch.
Swim
  • 15m 2s
  • 500 meters
  • 03m 01s / 100 meters
Comments:

Good strong swim, a lot choppier than last time. Got into a good rhythm early and kept HR steady. Run to T1 was a lot better than last time.
What would you do differently?:

Pretty happy with how the swimming is progressing, obviously just want to build up more strength and speed, which will come with training.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Transition was okay, tried to stay relaxed. Swim cap and goggles off on run to T1, HR much steadier this time. At T1 socks on, bike shoes on, sunnies on, helmet on. Lost a bit of time putting bike shoes on as I forgot to leave them undone.

Have my bike shoes undone and ready.
Bike
  • 56m 29s
  • 18.75 kms
  • 19.92 km/hr
Comments:

Really happy with the bike leg this time. Pushed hard the whole way, was slow and steady up hill, but really went for it on the downhill and flats to make up time. Got into aero position as much as possible on downhill and flats. Cornering still a little slow and over cautious but much better than last time. Still need to work on my hill strength and speed. Gearing was much better this time.

More hill training and training on the actual bike course.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Faster transition than T1, helmet off, bike shoes off, runners on, cap on whilst running out of transition. Ran out of T2 a lot faster this time.

Pretty happy with this transition.
Run
  • 38m 28s
  • 5 kms
  • 07m 41s  min/km
Comments:

Ran faster out of T2 this time, legs felt heavy but not as bad as I thought they would as I pushed hard on the bike. First lap was difficult and had to concentrate to get into a good steady rhythm, second lap was good, third lap picked up the pace slowly, fourth lap picked it up again and fifth lap ran at 3/4 pace, gave the last 200 metres everything I had. Overall very happy with the run, I ran with purpose this time rather than just survival.

More endurance and hill runs, more runs on the actual course timing each lap.
Post race
Warm down:

Light stretch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Speed and fitness at this stage, but I know my times will improve with experience and training.

Event comments:

This is only my second triathlon. The race officials were friendly, very helpful, supportive and encouraging. I was very happy with how it all went and the fact that I met both of my goals, which were to push hard the whole way and run with purpose rather than just survival. I ended up smashing my finish goal of 2hrs by 10 minutes which I am really proud of. This was the last race of the season and I cannot wait for next season to start in Sept.

Last updated: 2012-02-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:02 | 500 meters | 03m 01s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 54/54
Performance: Good
Suit: Non wetsuit swim
Course: 10 laps of 50m indoor Olympic pool.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 16C / 61F Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:56:29 | 18.75 kms | 19.92 km/hr
Overall: 54/54
Wind: Little
Course: 3.75 km loop, Simpsons Road, McClelland Drive, Sailors Gully Rd, Simpsons Road. Two hills, one steep, one long.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 68
Turns: Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:38:28 | 05 kms | 07m 41s  min/km
Overall: 52/54
Course: 5 laps around Lake Neangar. Flat terrain.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2012-03-19 5:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Subject: Bendigo Triathlon Club 2011-12 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships)

2012-05-15 12:23 AM
in reply to: #4102284

Subject: RE: Bendigo Triathlon Club 2011-12 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships)
Just went through your notes.  WoW Simone!  I can't wait to get there.  When I start...I am officially training for the day you and I do the Coeur d'Alene Iron Man!  That is my official inspiration!  xoxoxo
2012-05-15 2:03 AM
in reply to: #4209917

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Subject: RE: Bendigo Triathlon Club 2011-12 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships)

kcranmer - 2012-05-15 5:23 PM Just went through your notes.  WoW Simone!  I can't wait to get there.  When I start...I am officially training for the day you and I do the Coeur d'Alene Iron Man!  That is my official inspiration!  xoxoxo

Can't wait Kell, that will be TOTALLY awesome!!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bendigo Triathlon Club 2011-12 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships) Rss Feed