BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun mentor group 6 years running closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 191

2012-12-18 10:22 PM
in reply to: #4536090

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: swbkrun mentor group 6 years running closed
kt65 - 2012-12-14 10:24 PM

Hey guys, my Dad passed away last night after a very tough bout with COPD, congestive heart failure and I was lucky enough to hold his hand in mine until the end. His grip was super strong until he lost his strength. Just wanted you guys to know...I think of you as family, my swbkrun family.

Kim

Sorry about your loss Kim, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

2012-12-18 11:29 PM
in reply to: #4123816

User image

Elite
san francisco
couldn't find you for a bit.  thank you all for your prayers and warm thoughts.  hanging in there.  
2012-12-19 5:39 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

I am sure many of us are racing around getting ready for Christmas, but are you throwing in a real race to boot?  If so, give us the details! And for all of us, what are you looking forward to most during your Christmas festivities?

Edited by SSMinnow 2012-12-19 5:40 AM
2012-12-19 9:16 AM
in reply to: #4540719

User image

Master
SSMinnow - 2012-12-19 3:39 AM

I am sure many of us are racing around getting ready for Christmas, but are you throwing in a real race to boot?  If so, give us the details! And for all of us, what are you looking forward to most during your Christmas festivities?

No racing... Well, unless you consider the Holiday Half Marathon I'm running tomorrow with some friends, just for fun.

Most looking forward to two weeks with NO SCHEDULES!!!!!

2012-12-19 11:04 AM

User image

Champion
SSMinnow - 2012-12-19 5:39 AM

No races here either!  Favorite thing on tap is hanging out in Minocqua in front of the fire place reading a book with a good glass of red.

2012-12-19 11:32 AM

User image

Champion
marietta
SSMinnow - 2012-12-19 6:39 AM

nada here.  good luck peeps.  our tree is dead already so we'll be buying a new one.  that sucks!  the kids are already off the wall... i love it!  i look forward to the time with them the most

2012-12-19 11:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia

Time with family and watching my son discover the magic of Chrismas.
2012-12-19 6:01 PM

User image

Master
Maryland

I'm doing 6.6 mile race with my tri club on Christmas Eve morning. It will be fun & fellowship and I'm looking forward to every moment with my family at Christmas.

2012-12-19 9:40 PM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada

No races, just hanging with the family.

Pretty excited - We booked a 6 night disney cruise for Feb 9th out of Galveston. The girls have never been a cruise so should be interesting. They have a great last minute kids sail free thing going on right now. We were thinking of going to the parks again, but for the price of the cruise we couldn't pass it up.

On Christmas morning we will receive a pre-recorded call from Mickey for the girls asking them to come on a cruise with him.

Anyone every been on one? We are on the Magic.

2012-12-20 7:05 AM

User image

No racing here...s/b/r that is.  Racing around getting everything done.

I am really looking forward to some relaxing time with the family.  Life just seems so busy, so a few down days will be great.  And, a huge suprise - my parents are coming for Christmas (no one knows but me).  Going to be wonderful - can't wait.     

2012-12-20 7:10 AM
in reply to: #4542196

User image

TrevorC - 2012-12-19 10:40 PM

Pretty excited - We booked a 6 night disney cruise for Feb 9th out of Galveston. The girls have never been a cruise so should be interesting. They have a great last minute kids sail free thing going on right now. We were thinking of going to the parks again, but for the price of the cruise we couldn't pass it up.

On Christmas morning we will receive a pre-recorded call from Mickey for the girls asking them to come on a cruise with him.

We did the 6 night Disney cruise a few years ago.  Loved it!

One thing I'd highly recommend is the Kids Club.  Two of my kids lived there.  The third went from time to time.  With the kids busy at the Kids club Mom & Dad get time to play too. 

Oh, look at the excursions now.  You can go ahead and book them ahead of time.  Some will sell out months prior to the cruise.

Can't remember...is the Magic their new ship?

2012-12-20 1:10 PM

User image

Champion

At this moment a Disney cruise sounds good to me.  Weather in Wisconsin is brutal.  Somewhere in the middle of that snow is my 12" ruler.  It's windy, it's still snowing and thundering.  You know it's bad when the mall is closed so close to Christmas.  Biggest worry is Paul has to be in Milwaukee for a 7am Board Meeting tomorrow.  

2012-12-20 1:39 PM
in reply to: #4542363

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Havin'Fun - 2012-12-20 6:10 AM
TrevorC - 2012-12-19 10:40 PM

We did the 6 night Disney cruise a few years ago.  Loved it!

One thing I'd highly recommend is the Kids Club.  Two of my kids lived there.  The third went from time to time.  With the kids busy at the Kids club Mom & Dad get time to play too. 

Oh, look at the excursions now.  You can go ahead and book them ahead of time.  Some will sell out months prior to the cruise.

Can't remember...is the Magic their new ship?

Nope now new.

hard part is trying to pick wich overpriced excursion to do!!!

2012-12-20 4:20 PM
in reply to: #4543106

User image

Master

Is it wrong to be a little envious of your snow, Suzy? That said, clearly outside running is out of the question for you, so I'll count my blessings. Still, your photos and thinking of you with a book by the fire sounds so idyllic. I know reality isn't always so.

Trevor!! Jealous!! Last year we took a week-long Disney cruise at Christmas. It was so awesome -- our second cruise (as an extend-family... 7 adults, 7 kids). Can't remember your kid's ages, but younger than mine, I think. Yes, they will likely love the Kid's Club. My daughter was "too cool for school" for her club last year -- she was 9 at the time, but a wee bit too young for  the next age up. But she was a little old for the activities in her club, so kind-of at an in-between stage. My son (11 at the time) liked playing video games in his club. But mostly they both just loved free-ranging about the boat. Because they had cousin companions, they just sort-of roamed around all of the time. We told them our dinner time, and sometimes they'd pop in for dinner, sometimes not. My son loved eating pizza at 10pm, while in the pool, watching Disney movies (yes, from the pool). My daughter probably ate her weight in ice cream.

We actually booked our excursions not through Disney, which was a lot cheaper. We did zip-lining in Mexico, and my sis-in-law did some other excursions with her kids.

Mostly, the boats are so fun because, really, the kids are self-contained. It's great to give them freedom, which then gives you alone time. Both of my kids made friends with others (in spite of also playing with cousins) and really, the boat is a big extension of the Happiest Place on Earth. You'll LOVE it!!!!!

2012-12-20 5:30 PM
in reply to: #4543444

User image

Champion
kkcbelle - 2012-12-20 4:20 PM

Is it wrong to be a little envious of your snow, Suzy? That said, clearly outside running is out of the question for you, so I'll count my blessings. Still, your photos and thinking of you with a book by the fire sounds so idyllic. I know reality isn't always so.

Trevor!! Jealous!! Last year we took a week-long Disney cruise at Christmas. It was so awesome -- our second cruise (as an extend-family... 7 adults, 7 kids). Can't remember your kid's ages, but younger than mine, I think. Yes, they will likely love the Kid's Club. My daughter was "too cool for school" for her club last year -- she was 9 at the time, but a wee bit too young for  the next age up. But she was a little old for the activities in her club, so kind-of at an in-between stage. My son (11 at the time) liked playing video games in his club. But mostly they both just loved free-ranging about the boat. Because they had cousin companions, they just sort-of roamed around all of the time. We told them our dinner time, and sometimes they'd pop in for dinner, sometimes not. My son loved eating pizza at 10pm, while in the pool, watching Disney movies (yes, from the pool). My daughter probably ate her weight in ice cream.

We actually booked our excursions not through Disney, which was a lot cheaper. We did zip-lining in Mexico, and my sis-in-law did some other excursions with her kids.

Mostly, the boats are so fun because, really, the kids are self-contained. It's great to give them freedom, which then gives you alone time. Both of my kids made friends with others (in spite of also playing with cousins) and really, the boat is a big extension of the Happiest Place on Earth. You'll LOVE it!!!!!

It's easy to be jealous from afar. 18.5" and counting. Weird thing is 10m away, they have less that 9".  Now the worry is the 50mph winds.  The good news is Paul will be doing his meeting via phone! Hoping to actually get out of the house tomorrow.

2012-12-20 10:15 PM
in reply to: #4543510

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia
SSMinnow - 2012-12-20 6:30 PM

It's easy to be jealous from afar. 18.5" and counting. Weird thing is 10m away, they have less that 9".  Now the worry is the 50mph winds.  The good news is Paul will be doing his meeting via phone! Hoping to actually get out of the house tomorrow.

10m away ... is that your closest neighbor?

2012-12-20 11:52 PM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
If interested... I would love to keep the family together, and had some newbieshttp://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=472113&posts=1#M4543742
2012-12-20 11:57 PM
in reply to: #4536719

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
SSMinnow - 2012-12-16 4:30 AM
TrevorC - 2012-12-15 10:29 PM /p>

/p>

You bought an IM florida watch?Dude.

And it's white! Dude!

I dig the white watch my friend. I have a timex one that I like

Edited by swbkrun 2012-12-20 11:58 PM
2012-12-21 6:30 AM

User image

Veteran

No races here over the holidays, still trying to get back in the swing of working out after a month off.

I am jealous of both the Disney Cruise and of the 18" of snow.....talk about two extremes....the grass is always greener..... 

Ran the worst 5 miles of my life last night....over a 10 min mile pace....right foot was falling asleep, and my calf and achillies were super sore and tight. Finally figured out that if I stopped and stretched it would go away....duh......

2012-12-21 7:24 AM
in reply to: #4543749

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
swbkrun - 2012-12-20 10:57 PM
SSMinnow - 2012-12-16 4:30 AM
TrevorC - 2012-12-15 10:29 PM /p>

/p>

You bought an IM florida watch?Dude.

And it's white! Dude!

I dig the white watch my friend. I have a timex one that I like
Hello kettle
2012-12-21 7:43 AM
in reply to: #4543837

User image

Champion
bfwhitt - 2012-12-21 6:30 AM

No races here over the holidays, still trying to get back in the swing of working out after a month off.

I am jealous of both the Disney Cruise and of the 18" of snow.....talk about two extremes....the grass is always greener..... 

Ran the worst 5 miles of my life last night....over a 10 min mile pace....right foot was falling asleep, and my calf and achillies were super sore and tight. Finally figured out that if I stopped and stretched it would go away....duh......

Uhm, aren't you coming back from an injury? and you did a straight 5m run?  ever heard of easing back into things?  with nearly every boo-boo I've had my return looked something like "walk 5', run 5', walk, run, repeat".  Would do this for a couple of weeks to make sure everything had a chance to return to normal.  Said nicely.

2012-12-21 7:45 AM
in reply to: #4543688

User image

Champion
tdl1972 - 2012-12-20 10:15 PM

Ha-Ha!  No, it is another burb.  We're still locked in tight.  Driveway is long (Kim can attest to that) and we haven't been plowed out for 24 hours.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't even walk to the street without falling on my face.  Cooper would be buried.  The good news is the snow is over.  Should be able to crawl out of here by this afternoon.  fingers crossed.

2012-12-21 8:55 AM
in reply to: #4543906

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
SSMinnow - 2012-12-21 6:45 AM

Ha-Ha!  No, it is another burb.  We're still locked in tight.  Driveway is long (Kim can attest to that) and we haven't been plowed out for 24 hours.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't even walk to the street without falling on my face.  Cooper would be buried.  The good news is the snow is over.  Should be able to crawl out of here by this afternoon.  fingers crossed.

I just heard on MY news something about Madison getting  24 inches of snow? WOW. We have snow on the ground but nothing like that right now!

2012-12-21 10:48 AM
in reply to: #4543992

User image

Champion
TrevorC - 2012-12-21 8:55 AM
SSMinnow - 2012-12-21 6:45 AM

I just heard on MY news something about Madison getting  24 inches of snow? WOW. We have snow on the ground but nothing like that right now!

Well, YOUR news is slightly off.   I live right in the Middleton area and we got the most at 21".  I have no clue what it looks like o the roads, but am hoping to find out soon.  We are  having xmas here tomorrow and I still have food stuff to buy!

2012-12-22 9:39 AM

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

I'm looking forward to spending time with my family, meeting my daughter's new boyfriend, and some long awaited rest and relaxation. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun mentor group 6 years running closed Rss Feed  

of 191