BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Kenj - triathletes in training CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 78

2012-12-18 4:31 PM
in reply to: #4124117

User image

Expert
Chugiak, Alaska
Subject: RE: Kenj - triathletes in training CLOSED
I thought they were going to alter the way the mentor groups worked and keep existing groups from being archived?  Keep us posted Ken!

2012-12-20 10:00 AM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

The new mentor threads are in the staging area, not sure how fast they will turn them loose.  You can let me know here if you want to continue or go to the new thread which you can find here.

They asked for a focus and since I am doing IM's and HIM's next year that is what I put, but for any of you in this group, you can sign up regardless of your plans next year. They mentioned the potential changes to the mentoring program as discussed in the thread, but any changes wont be included until the site update sometime next year.

I was also approached by a member of my first group about co-mentoring a group so you may see that she is included as well although I haven't talked to her about it in a while. 

As this group winds down, I want to thank all of you for your contributions to the group and your support through out the year! 

2012-12-20 11:45 AM

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il
you can count me in
2012-12-20 3:02 PM

User image

Expert
Chugiak, Alaska

I am in as well! Thanks Ken and everyone for helping me stay motivated and working harder than I would have otherwise!

1 1/2 hour trainer ride done till next week.

Edited by robingray_260 2012-12-20 3:04 PM
2012-12-20 6:18 PM
in reply to: #4542670

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cold Spring, NY
kenj - 2012-12-20 11:00 AM

The new mentor threads are in the staging area, not sure how fast they will turn them loose.  You can let me know here if you want to continue or go to the new thread which you can find here.

They asked for a focus and since I am doing IM's and HIM's next year that is what I put, but for any of you in this group, you can sign up regardless of your plans next year. They mentioned the potential changes to the mentoring program as discussed in the thread, but any changes wont be included until the site update sometime next year.

I was also approached by a member of my first group about co-mentoring a group so you may see that she is included as well although I haven't talked to her about it in a while. 

As this group winds down, I want to thank all of you for your contributions to the group and your support through out the year! 

I'll follow you guys anywhere (almost). I'd suggest using this page until the other one is open for business, but I'm in for what ever. I like the new focus now that I'm an expert at distance (don't have the sarcasm font on my phone).

Thanks Ken and everyone for the help and support through the season.

2012-12-21 9:01 PM

User image

Expert
Chugiak, Alaska

Happy Winter Solstice!!!!

Probably not on anyone's radar, but with less than 5 1/2 hours of official sunlight I am ready to start adding the light back on. To celebrate we went to the zoo and it was -1 out! 

2012-12-21 10:45 PM

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO

I would like to stay in the group and promise to be more present

Robin, I am ready for more sunlight also!!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Enjoy and be safe.

2012-12-22 6:40 AM

User image

Veteran
Long Island, NY

I'm in again. I posted on the other thread also. 

2012-12-22 6:57 AM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Thanks guys, I will let you know when it goes live. For some reason some of the newer groups went out first.  You can also go in and post your bio while it is still in the staging area, like Adam did, if you have time this weekend.

Unless heaven looks a lot like the inside of my house, the world didn't end yesterday so I will get my training done indoors this weekend.  Outside is ugly with snow and wind today!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2012-12-24 8:33 AM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Merry Christmas Eve!!!  Half a work day for me so I got my short run in early. 

I am going to take it a bit easy this week as I start my new plan next Monday! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday!!

2012-12-24 11:33 AM

User image

Master
Sin City

Back from the rock I was under.

Nothing really new...nothing has changed since I got married back in September (Been together with my husband for 8 years prior marriage, so it doesn't feel any different, except now, he's all "Yes, dear."   LOL! :-) If only I can convince him that a full carbon bike is a different beast than my alu/carbon mix...

Training-wise: Just lots of cycling. :D  Finally FINALLY f.i.n.a.l.l.y found my dream saddle.  Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow.  I've been trying a number of saddle (8 or 9...one or two it was obvious that it wasn't going to work). I also tried the triathlete's favorite - Adamo. It was just a little too hard for my taste.  Did my 106 miles in the new saddle - only two rides old. :-) I think it's a keeper.  I did have a little aches the last 15 miles or so...that's saying something! Not like the aches that I would get after 30-40 miles with my old saddle. 

Did Valley of Fire for the first time...tough ride, but it was BEAUTIFUL! Definitely will be revisiting that often. There is Tour de Fire in April that I think I will do. Who knows if I'll do the 134 miles. :D

I have no races/rides on schedule for 2013, but I may be doing a St. George Century in February. A triathlon with a friend (her first) at the end of Summer, that's about it. 

Off-Season - trainer focused workouts. I will be doing TrainerRoad workouts, and some cross-training (Yoga, strength training, weight training). I want to work on my issues on the bike during the off-season.

This would be the first Christmas that I won't be getting any "triathlon/bike" stuff. That's because I asked for Nexus 10 tablet (I absolutely love it!!) from my Mom who mailed it to me.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful Happy Holidays!  I will be hitting the slopes for the first time in 4 years tomorrow, hope my legs remember how to ski. :D   If Ken will have the new group over on the 2013, I'll will post/read more often. 

Hugs to everyone!!

2012-12-27 8:41 AM
in reply to: #4546848

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
CyborgQueen - 2012-12-24 12:33 PM

Nothing really new...nothing has changed since I got married back in September (Been together with my husband for 8 years prior marriage, so it doesn't feel any different, except now, he's all "Yes, dear."   LOL! :-) If only I can convince him that a full carbon bike is a different beast than my alu/carbon mix...

Training-wise: Just lots of cycling. :D  Finally FINALLY f.i.n.a.l.l.y found my dream saddle.  Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow.  I've been trying a number of saddle (8 or 9...one or two it was obvious that it wasn't going to work). I also tried the triathlete's favorite - Adamo. It was just a little too hard for my taste.  Did my 106 miles in the new saddle - only two rides old. :-) I think it's a keeper.  I did have a little aches the last 15 miles or so...that's saying something! Not like the aches that I would get after 30-40 miles with my old saddle. 

Did Valley of Fire for the first time...tough ride, but it was BEAUTIFUL! Definitely will be revisiting that often. There is Tour de Fire in April that I think I will do. Who knows if I'll do the 134 miles. :D

I have no races/rides on schedule for 2013, but I may be doing a St. George Century in February. A triathlon with a friend (her first) at the end of Summer, that's about it. 

Off-Season - trainer focused workouts. I will be doing TrainerRoad workouts, and some cross-training (Yoga, strength training, weight training). I want to work on my issues on the bike during the off-season.

This would be the first Christmas that I won't be getting any "triathlon/bike" stuff. That's because I asked for Nexus 10 tablet (I absolutely love it!!) from my Mom who mailed it to me.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful Happy Holidays!  I will be hitting the slopes for the first time in 4 years tomorrow, hope my legs remember how to ski. :D   If Ken will have the new group over on the 2013, I'll will post/read more often. 

Hugs to everyone!!

Good to hear from you DJ!  I hope regardless of your training/racing schedule that you participate in the group! 

Sorry it took so long to reply, I saw that you posted this and meant to but got side tracked with the holidays and the 15 inches of snow we got yesterday.

Someone needs to remind me why I live here? 

2012-12-27 8:42 AM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Not sure why the new group is still in limbo, maybe it is because the New Year brings a lot of new people to the site and I posted that the group focus would be longer distances?  I am ok with that!

How is everyone doing this week?

2012-12-27 3:49 PM
in reply to: #4546848

User image

Expert
Chugiak, Alaska
CyborgQueen - 2012-12-24 11:33 AM

Hugs to everyone!!

DJ - good to hear from you - excited for you and your new saddle! Have fun skiing!

2012-12-27 3:53 PM
in reply to: #4549552

User image

Expert
Chugiak, Alaska
kenj - 2012-12-27 8:42 AM

Not sure why the new group is still in limbo, maybe it is because the New Year brings a lot of new people to the site and I posted that the group focus would be longer distances?  I am ok with that!

15" of snow is a lot of snow!  Temps here have really warmed up and it will be in the 20's all this week - hopefully I can get some outside runs in before we return to frigid temps.

Been a slow training week for me - kind of planned it that way as I start my 20 wk training plan for 70.3 FL on Sunday. Spin class today and then masters ski tonight.

2012-12-28 9:53 AM
in reply to: #4550458

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
robingray_260 - 2012-12-27 4:53 PM
kenj - 2012-12-27 8:42 AM

15" of snow is a lot of snow!  Temps here have really warmed up and it will be in the 20's all this week - hopefully I can get some outside runs in before we return to frigid temps.

Been a slow training week for me - kind of planned it that way as I start my 20 wk training plan for 70.3 FL on Sunday. Spin class today and then masters ski tonight.

LOL, I like that!  Really warmed up in the 20's!  Everything is relative to what you are used to I guess! 

I start my new program for 70.3 Florida on Monday, although the first 12 weeks is general base building designed for preparing for the whole season!  Enjoy the training Robin!

2012-12-28 9:54 AM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Ok, the new plan has gone live!  Stop over and post your bio if you are going to continue with us, and I hope all of you do!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Kenj - triathletes in training CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 78